iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mardi Gras 2004

Started by LSUNo1, February 24, 2004, 11:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LSUNo1

Nothing to do with milling, logging, etc. Took a few shots at a Mardi Gras parade down here in New Orleans Sunday with my kids. My first attempt at posting photos. Hope it works.

This is the street about a half hour before the parade

This is the first float of the parade, the captains float. This is the first year I've paid more attention to whats pulling em than the actual float  ;D

Another float. Again note the green tractor. Alot of folks go crazy after those plastic beads, cups, stuffed animals, etc. Only to put em in the attic as soon as they get home.

Cleanup begins immediately following the parade and about an hour later cant even tell there was one.

Finally, here's me and my four and half year old twins, Jake and Virginia. Dont know if you can see my hat well enough...but FF was represented.

Sorry fellas this was just a tame family oriented parade that my father in law was in. Not one of the more tawdry ones that ya'll have probably heard about. Closer to the city this parade will be lined 10 to 15 people deep on both sides of the avenue. Not the place to be with very small kids.

Im not a native New Orleanian so I dont really get the Mardi Gras fever, but it can be a nice gathering of family, and gets most people around here happy for a couple of weeks.

Anyway its a rotten rainy day here and I had some time to play with photos finally....Mitch

Patty

Cute kids, LSU. Looks like you all had a good time at the parade.  8)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Frickman

Those tame, family oriented events are the best kind. I get a kick seeing all the kids running around, having a good time. Never went much for staying out all night partying. Tell the captain that if he needs to find a good home for that 4WD Deere I will welcome it with open arms.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

Corley5

I spent some time in New Orleans during Mardi Gras a few years ago but the part I was in wasn't family oriented at all.  We stayed right down town so we didn't have to worry about finding a ride back out and none of us could have driven outta there anyway.  We were in crawling distance to bed. ;)  That wa when I was younger and just a bit wilder ;D  It was an awesome  experience for a young single guy from Wolverine Mi. ::) ;) 8) 8) 8) :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

LSUNo1

Was young and single myself for a few years :) Seen both sides of the Mardi Gras party. Each has its own advantages ;)

Thank You Sponsors!