iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Reply box jumping around on me.

Started by Bibbyman, April 18, 2012, 03:41:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibbyman

I type something in the reply box and if I go beyond the initial size and get the scroll bar on the right,  often the scroll will not stay where it's been put.  Often it pops back up to the top.

I've noticed this since the last Forum revision. Anyone else have the message box "doing its own thing" on them?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Magicman

No, I have not Bibby.  I filled the reply box up before making this post and it was stable.   ???
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

doctorb

Are you saying that the box might be stationary and its Bibbyman who's jumping around? :D

Bibby-

When I am on my iPad, I am often too impatient and try to do something before the page is fully loaded.  The screen jumps around a bit until it's entirely loaded. 
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

beenthere

Bibby
That is a good description of what I've experienced as well. It first was a year or two ago (before revision) and there was a 'fix' on a setting offered by a FF member which cured the problem.

Then just a month or so ago, that problem came back but didn't continue very long. I couldn't remember the "fix" so let it ride, and it just "went away".  Mystery to me why, but glad it isn't pestering me anymore.
Maybe it went away with a reboot, I am not sure.

Hope yours will clear up as easy.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Warbird

It sounds to me like something with your web browser.  Are you using Firefox, IE, or something else?  Try using a different browser and let us know if the problem exists with it too?

Bibbyman

IE 8, I think. Yes, the stupid Windows system update to a new version about the same time.
Sawing since '94

Warbird

Try a different browser, such as Firefox, when you have a few minutes.  Let us know if the problem persists in that browser.

Bibbyman

Sawing since '94

DouginUtah

-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---