iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Shopping around

Started by Kansas, April 17, 2012, 02:49:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kansas

Our contacts on our starter for our "other" mill have been getting bad. So we went shopping for some. Started on the internet. Casey punched up a bunch. We had the part number. The two lowest prices were 360 and 368. This is a Cutler Hammer starter for a 100 horse motor. We usually check internet prices, then check locally, and if they are close in price, buy from them. So we called Western Extralite, which is a major electrical supply chain in this area, and the Cutler Hammer dealer. Their price. 2077.

Casey went with the 368. We have bought from them before, and trust them.

Gary_C

Did you look for any brand or were you specific on CH?

I have a 50 HP motor starter with a good 50 HP motor. Actually I have two of each but I planned to save one set for a phase converter. Guess it is worth a lot of money.  :D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Kansas

I gave the same part number to everyone. Is it possible this is some sort of aftermarket set of contacts? I dunno. But it seems to me those would be pretty hard to screw up. There just isn't that much to them, near as I can tell.

Raider Bill

That's a huge price difference!
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Gary_C

I suspect you will not be getting a CH contactor at that price. Last I knew CH was either out of business or bought out. I suspect some company has bought the brand name and is gouging anyone that asks specifically for that brand or product number. You will probably getting an equivalent at the lower price.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Thank You Sponsors!