iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What went wrong???

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, April 15, 2012, 10:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I have a gas grill with 3 burners. I've cooked on it for years. Today I had chicken on the grill. I always wait until the temp gets to where I want it and then turn it down on low while by birds cook.

After 20 minutes I checked it.....A OK.

I went back at 40 minutes and 20 yards before I got to the grill, I could hear the gas "gushing". I ran to the grill and it was still on low but the temp was maxed out, THE GAS WAS LOUDLY GOING "SHHHHH" and the birds were BLACK and CRISPY.

What do I need to check or replace on my grill? Its a stainless Brinksman.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

isawlogs

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

pineywoods

Pressure regulator on the propane bottle. Could be it just iced up but if it's very old, replace it. They're cheap
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

beenthere

My thought is the regulator too. Have had the same sound when not having the tank turned full "on".
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Norm

Brinkman's are the worst gas grills in the world but I think what happened was you got a grease fire from the chicken if it was burned that bad. The high heat probably toasted the whole grill.

I did a similar thing many years ago on one. The chicken was so bad even the dog wouldn't eat it.  :D I then bought a weber kettle and learned how to cook with lump hardwood. Not that hard to do and tons of online sites to help you out.

Magicman

Don't be moving in on my territory David.   dadgum you, Charlie!

The Magicman's Forum Famous Crisp Chickin.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on April 16, 2012, 02:53:00 PM
Don't be moving in on my territory David.   dadgum you, Charlie!

The Magicman's Forum Famous Crisp Chickin.   :o

Magicman,,,,that's exactly what my chicken looked like. I was sooo upset and my Wife was laughing herself to death.
We just had a veggy lunch with hot biscuits.   musteat_1

red oaks lumber

thats why caveman used camp fire :D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: red oaks lumber on April 16, 2012, 08:19:41 PM
thats why caveman used camp fire :D

smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping

caveman

Dang, Mr. Magicman.  Did you cook those poor birds again since the last time you posted the picture?   
Caveman

Magicman

They really do look bad, but that is how the "Chickin Crispin" got it's name.  It was panic time knowing that I had the "Unofficial Southern FF Chapter" to feed.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sandhills

And I bet all would have been happy with grits and the company, now those northerners, well they may have had to eat crispy chicken...... :D

Clam77

Noooo grits here.. I'd eat that chicken first!!    :D
Andy

Stihl 009, 028, 038, 041, MS362
Mac 1-40, 3-25

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Clam77 on April 19, 2012, 08:23:49 PM
Noooo grits here.. I'd eat that chicken first!!    :D

We have had grits and chicken before. Actually grits go good with about anything.

WDH

Cheese grits with shrimp cooked with onions, peppers, and a thick bacon laden gravy.  That is better than crisped chicken.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on April 19, 2012, 10:20:57 PM
Cheese grits with shrimp cooked with onions, peppers, and a thick bacon laden gravy.  That is better than crisped chicken.

And add a glass of peach iced tea!  pepsi_smiley

Norm

Quote from: WDH on April 19, 2012, 10:20:57 PM

Now that's my kind of a meal Danny! Seems you owe us at least one of your cooks documented here, this one would be awesome to see.  :)

sandhills

I'll second that, sounds great!

WDH

I go on an annual surf fishing trip to Cape Hatteras every November.  I have a buddy that cooks the shrimp and grits while we are there, and it is on the top five list of the best things that I have ever ate!.  That shrimp gravy with the onions, peppers, and bacon is indescribably good.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

LOGDOG

Danny ...do us a favor would you? When you go on your trip this next time, see if you can get him to give you the recipe for this shrimp and grits. I had a strange, unfamiliar urge to try some grits as I was walkin out on my land the other day. Not sure what came over me. I can only compare it to when I was a kid and didn't like onions but one day I got a weird craving for onion rings .... been eating onions ever since. We'll see if the grits take ...  ;)

Buck

Landon, Paula Dean has some recipes out there that are good. Donna has made them. I'm sure she found them on the internet. Probably associated with Food Network .com.
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

WDH

OK, I will get the recipe.

LOGDOG

Thanks guys. You know, one would think that shrimp and grits would be on quite a few menus in LA, but around here I don't think I've ever seen it. I did buy some of that hoop cheese that one of the posters mentioned putting in grits though. I haven't tried that before. Probably give that a taste tomorrow.  :)

Magicman

The first time I had "Shrimp and Grits" was at the Lady and Sons Restaurant (as in Paula Deen) in Savanna, Ga.  MMMmmmm.    We have a local eatery that has them on their menu and they are also good.

Thank You Sponsors!