iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Am I having a mid-life crisis?

Started by DR_Buck, April 15, 2012, 09:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: sandhills on April 16, 2012, 04:41:59 PM
If that's what a mid-life crisis is can I have one too?  :)  Happy birthday and congrats on the new ride!

I wish I'd had my camera today. I was going in Lowe's and Low and Behold there set a bike just like Dr. Buck is getting. This one had a 2 inch ball on the back of it. That's what made me look twice. I walked over to look at it.........SWEEEEEEET ride!  8)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

DR_Buck

Well I got it home this evening.  I took the long scenic route.  ;D

Here's a picture the wife took as I was getting ready to leave the dealership.

Here's one of it backed into the garage, ready for an early departure in the morning.   I'm taking it to work and plan on taking up more than my share of those special motorcycle parking spaces.   ;D

Raider Bill,  I think I can get a couple photon torpedos in that lower section under the lights.   :D

Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

snowstorm

Quote from: DR_Buck on April 16, 2012, 09:41:27 PM
Quote from: snowstorm on April 16, 2012, 06:12:12 PM
it was the may issue of cycle world that had a 10,000 mile test they also said there were several recalls. one with the power steering

From what I've researched the recalls were all on the 1st and some 2nd year models.   BRP is now in the 5th year of production.
cycle world may 2012 page 86 it reads like there test bike was recalled 3 times steering,rear suspension , clutch

Dan_Shade

if it's as wide as a car, park with the cars   smiley_argue01
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

easymoney

i saw a can am at walmart yesterday. whoever was riding it left the key in it. some people can be stupid. i hear the reverse trikes really ride good. the best i can do is a home made conventional trike made from a honda gl500 i tell people i am going through my second childhood and enjoying every minute of it. at 72 i am well past  my midlife crisis.

martyinmi

Some of you guys are very fortunate. My wife tells me that I am NOT allowed to have a mid life crisis :'(
No God, No Peace
Know God, Know Peace!

SwampDonkey

Looks like a nice machine to me.  Enjoy. ;D :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Raider Bill

So what do you think about it as far as handling, ride etc. Do you have to lean in the opposite way on turns? Give us a small review.
Does it have reverse?
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

OneWithWood

Nice B-day gift, Dave. 

Always good to feel the wind in your face  8)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

tcsmpsi

Quote from: easymoney on April 16, 2012, 10:32:34 PM
i saw a can am at walmart yesterday. whoever was riding it left the key in it. some people can be stupid. i hear the reverse trikes really ride good. the best i can do is a home made conventional trike made from a honda gl500 i tell people i am going through my second childhood and enjoying every minute of it. at 72 i am well past  my midlife crisis.

Once upon a time (haven't searched and not sure if they are still in existence), they built a kit called, The Odin Cyclecar, that kept the drive part of a motorcycle and provided the 'conventional' two wheels in front, with a bench seat.  Considered one myself for a considerable time, but ended up getting a sidecar, instead (lot less money, for one thing).   :)
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

sandhills

I'm with Raider Bill, we're gonna have to have a review on handling, ride, and such.

Stephen1

Quote from: sandhills on April 17, 2012, 11:19:11 AM
I'm with Raider Bill, we're gonna have to have a review on handling, ride, and such.
And maybe a review on the midlife crisis?
I though I had mine when I was 40, or that is what I was told. I am now seeing that I still have time for another one... 8)
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

dewwood

Great looking bike Dave.  Hope you enjoy it for many more birthdays. 
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

Raider Bill

Quote from: Stephen1 on April 17, 2012, 11:30:26 AM
Quote from: sandhills on April 17, 2012, 11:19:11 AM
And maybe a review on the midlife crisis?
I though I had mine when I was 40, or that is what I was told. I am now seeing that I still have time for another one... 8)

I'm going on 20 years with mine. May have to pause it for awhile so my body can catch up and regroup or at least heal some;D

DR_Buck

OK, after 1 full day of ownership and 144 miles, I LIKE IT!

It handles sweet.  Real smooth on the road and not difficult to steer.  It does take a little more effort to turn than the single tire on a 2 wheel bike, but still not bad.   As far as leaning, it's not necessary other than the offset centrifugal force you kind of shift you weight into the turn to keep you body upright.  I think the BIGGEST difference is not doing any counter steering.  You turn the handle bars in the direction you want to go and that's it.   If I had to compare it with something, I'd say it steers and turns a lot like an ATV, only with a smoother ride.

I did learn it pays to read the owners manual before going out on the road.  ;D   Some of the electronics safety and security features can stump you if you push a wrong button or don't remember what the sales guy told you not to do.  :D

Took the wife on about a 30 mile ride after work today.   I'm pretty sure she enjoyed herself.  The fact that we stopped at the local ice cream place might have something to do with that though.   ;D

Another thing I noticed is that EVERYONE looks at you and most do a double take.   Everyplace we stopped we got questions about it.   ???

Dan_Shade

144 miles in one day is pretty good!

How's the seat? 

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

jdonovan

Quote from: DR_Buck on April 17, 2012, 10:37:56 PM
  I think the BIGGEST difference is not doing any counter steering.  You turn the handle bars in the direction you want to go and that's it.   If I had to compare it with something, I'd say it steers and turns a lot like an ATV, only with a smoother ride.

I've heard it described best as it handles like a snowmobile. Not surprising given the manufacturer.  :D

QuoteAnother thing I noticed is that EVERYONE looks at you and most do a double take.   Everyplace we stopped we got questions about it.   ???

They are still quite uncommon in the area, and everyone I know with them says they draw tremendous attention and curiosity.

thecfarm

Glad you like it. My mid life crisis is tractors. I see those around here just about everytime I go out. They sure do look different.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

DR_Buck

Dan Shade -  The seat is just fine although we may be changing it out.   Kitty would like arm rests for the passenger seat and I think a backrest would be a good idea for any long road trip.

Raider Bill

MrPete

Dr Buck, the backrest is a must and the armrest would definitely help the Mrs.  Since i put my backrest on, I don't want to stop for anything.  Just get on the bike and ride, it makes a world of difference!

Dan_Shade

customsawyer

If you can get the adjustable backrest it lets you move to different positions.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Burlkraft

Congrats Dave  8)

That thing looks like it should fly. I'm glad both you and Kitty like it.
Maybe she'll want one too??  ;D ;D

I hope you enjoy it and have safe travels.  ;)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Coon

I see one problem with this bike.   ;D  Sorry make that two..... First of all aren't the training wheels supposed to be on the back.   :D  The second problem is that it's not mine.   :-\    :D  Oh well hope it treats you the same as you treat it.   ;D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Thank You Sponsors!