iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Am I having a mid-life crisis?

Started by DR_Buck, April 15, 2012, 09:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DR_Buck

Well today I had one of those milestone birthdays that end with a zero.  It was a good day.   In fact the past week has been a good week.  A lot of things that have been in the works came to close this week.  Today I successfully finished a motorcycle riders course and I got my motorcycle license again.   First time in 34 years.  :o      It was a lot of fun riding all weekend, even if it was on a closed course.   And, it's a good thing I passed the course, because last night we stopped and bought the new toy.   8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

We go tomorrow afternoon to pick it up and ride it home.    :) :) :)    I think I'll take the scenic route.   ;D ;D
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Looks like you're on your way to the Pig Roast.  :D

Very nice and be safe!

Will it pull that LT 40?  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Roger2561

Congrats from one biker to another.  You're never to old(err young?) to ride.  Enjoy the wheels and freedom.  Just watch out for the idiots on 4 wheels.  Some can be real jerks.  But, most are very respectful.  If I have someone crowding me or following too close, I simply slow down a bit, pull over and wave them by.  No need in making them mad.  Plus, I'm never in a hurry to get anywhere.  Roger
Roger

sawguy21

You are most definitely having a mid life crisis and you will need counseling. :D The new toy will really help your recovery, have fun.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Dan_Shade

nice toy, dave!  And Happy Birthday!

Do you need a M class license for a 3 wheeled vehicle?

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Magicman

Happy Birthday and congratulations on the new ride.   :D :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Banjo picker

Nice ride there...Let us know how you like it...As to the mid life crisis...naw...I had kept my license up all the time I didn' have one...The way I broke the news to Deb...I came home form work and she was cleaning up the gragrage, and I said I sure is nice of you to clean this up for my bike I just bought...She didn't talk to me for 2 days......Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Bill Gaiche

Congrats. Dont know about pulling a 40 but it might a LT15. bg

DanG

Quote from: Banjo picker on April 15, 2012, 10:58:10 PM
I said I sure is nice of you to clean this up for my bike I just bought...She didn't talk to me for 2 days......Banjo

BOY!  Talk about a win-win!!  :D :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

snowstorm

Quote from: DR_Buck on April 15, 2012, 09:40:19 PM
Well today I had one of those milestone birthdays that end with a zero.  It was a good day.   In fact the past week has been a good week.  A lot of things that have been in the works came to close this week.  Today I successfully finished a motorcycle riders course and I got my motorcycle license again.   First time in 34 years.  :o      It was a lot of fun riding all weekend, even if it was on a closed course.   And, it's a good thing I passed the course, because last night we stopped and bought the new toy.   8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

We go tomorrow afternoon to pick it up and ride it home.    :) :) :)    I think I'll take the scenic route.   ;D ;D
sharp looking ride. i have never riden one ( i have a victory)they say its nothing lkie rideing a bike. cycle world mag did a long term test on the brp a couple months ago

jdonovan

Happy Birthday.

Keep a sharp eye out, them cars really are out to get ya.

Quote from: Dan_Shade on April 15, 2012, 10:34:38 PM
Do you need a M class license for a 3 wheeled vehicle?

In Virginia, Yes.

bandmiller2

DR,to bad it doesn't have a PTO you could call it farm machinery and write it off.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

gspren

I am more than a little jealous, I have been talking and thnking about a trike for a few years. Did you try both style trikes, single front and single rear?
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Raider Bill

Heh heh heh as Fred Flintstone would say!!! Now you're styling!
Enjoy that trike.
Ditto what Dang and Roger said.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

DoubleD

Happy Birthday and congrats on the new ride
Wannabe a sawmiller

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

sandhills

If that's what a mid-life crisis is can I have one too?  :)  Happy birthday and congrats on the new ride!

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Dr Buck,

The good news is if you're having a mid-life crisis at 60, that means you'll live to be 120!

Happy belated birthday and enjoy the new ride. (But don't forget to be safe!)

Herb

Misfit

Saweeeet!! Congrats on the birthday and new ride.  smiley_mc_helmet

I'm gonna have to stop reading posts like this. I sold both of my bikes in the past 2 years 'cause I thought I was over riding. But waaaay down deep, I can feel that itch starting up again. Hmmmmm, mill or bike, mill or bike, hmmmm........
I am neither a Philopolemic Blatherskite nor a Bloviating, Sialoquent Blatteroon.

"Say nuthin and saw wood."

snowstorm

it was the may issue of cycle world that had a 10,000 mile test they also said there were several recalls. one with the power steering

samandothers

Happy Birthday!   Nice ride.  How many times can one have a midlife crisis and justify new toys?

DR_Buck

Quote from: snowstorm on April 16, 2012, 06:12:12 PM
it was the may issue of cycle world that had a 10,000 mile test they also said there were several recalls. one with the power steering

From what I've researched the recalls were all on the 1st and some 2nd year models.   BRP is now in the 5th year of production.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Thank You Sponsors!