iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fruit pizza

Started by Patty, April 15, 2012, 12:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patty

I tried a new to me idea for pizza. It was AWESOME! 

On this pizza I used blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, and grapes since I could find them at the store. Any fresh fruits will work, you just use what is in stock at the time. The crust is sugar cookie dough (baked) and the sauce is cream cheese and whipped cream mixed together. I drizzled an orange glaze over the top for added flavor.

DELISH!
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Norm

I'd never had anything like this before so was not sure if I'd like it. One bite and I'm going oh my gosh this is really good!

LOGDOG

That's beautiful Patty. Looks delicious. We do something similar only with vegetables. Very refreshing and clean ...it's a nice break from time to time.

Patty

When you do veggies, do you use plain cream cheese for the base? What do you use for the crust?
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

Texas Ranger

Sue uses the poppin fresh dough for the base, then creme cheese, then shredded veggie mix.  Snack food at the best.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

LOGDOG

We do ours a little different than Sue. Here's kind of how we do ours. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/veggie-pizza/

It's got a good little zip to it with the ranch dressing mix and the dill weed. This particular recipe is modest on the variation of vegetables but you can branch out with any vegetables you enjoy eating raw.

Texas Ranger

We use the slaw mix, but the dill weed sounds good.  Oh, and Sue does mix the sour cream and cream cheese mix.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

sandhills

That looks awesome Patty!  Don't think I'd have the patience though, I'd eat all the berries and grapes before they made it to the pizza.

SwampDonkey

When ever I hear...."mmm that was good". I reply, "I don't make it unless it's good". ;D

This thread reminds me of it. :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

LOGDOG

Patty ....you know what would be awesome on that fruit pizza of yours? A little Rebecca Sauce drizzled over the top of it. If you're not familiar with the sauce ...Google the name. It's delicious! Been awhile since I've had it though.

Patty

Actually that Rebecca sauce is very similar to what I put on the cookie dough under the fruit. It was so good. I drizzled an orange glaze over top the fruit as a final touch.  ;)

The veggie one sounds great, I will do that one next.  Fresh veggies are hard for me to chew, (tooth issues), but I bet if I julienne cut them it would work very well. Thanks guys!

Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

LOGDOG

You're one step ahead of me on the Rebecca Sauce.  :) You could sell those fruit pizzas Patty. What a great treat for people to bring to the office or send a client .... That would impress me if someone sent me one.

LOGDOG

Texas Ranger ...does that slaw mix give the mixture a little sweet back note? I was thinking about that today trying to imagine what that might turn out like. Funny which threads end up going through our mind in the course of a day.

Texas Ranger

Kinda sweet, it is the just the pre packaged slaw mix veggies, not with the dressing.  I like the crunchy veggies in it,  My wife cuts them into smaller pieces, and make a great snack.

LOGDOG

See ...I thought you meant the dressing. I was on the wrong page. Now I'm with you.... ;)

Patty

Here is the recipe i used for the Fruit Pizza:

Ingredients

1 (18 ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
    1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
    1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed

2 cups sliced fresh strawberries

1/2 cup white sugar
    1 pinch salt
    1 tablespoon cornstarch
    1/2 cup orange juice
    2 tablespoons lemon juice
    1/4 cup water
    1/2 teaspoon orange zest

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Slice cookie dough and arrange on greased pizza pan, overlapping edges. Press dough flat into pan. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Allow to cool.
    In a large bowl, soften cream cheese, then fold in the whipped topping. Spread over cooled crust. You can chill for a while at this point, or continue by arranging the fruit.
    Begin with strawberries, sliced in half. Arrange in a circle around the outside edge. Continue with fruit of your choice, working towards the middle. If bananas are used, dip them in lemon juice so they don't darken. Then make a sauce to spoon over fruit.
    In a saucepan, combine sugar, salt, corn starch, orange juice, lemon juice and water. Cook and stir over medium heat. Bring to a boil, and cook for 1 or 2 minutes, until thickened. Remove from heat, and add grated orange rind. Allow to cool, but not set up. Spoon over fruit. Chill for two hours, then cut into wedges and serve.

Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

Patty

A spiral design with the fruit is real pretty as well.

On the vegetable pizza, the coleslaw mix you buy in a bag sounds really good. Actually you could probably use any of those salads in a bag to save time. It is no fun to chop tiny little peaces of veggies.
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

Thank You Sponsors!