iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Skidder

Started by HiTech, April 13, 2012, 03:51:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HiTech

Has anyone ever seen or run a Beloit Skidder? My friend bought one for the tires and a possible parts machine...planetary's, axles, etc. It sort of looks like a Timber Jack in some ways. It has a Sweed 30 winch. The front axle is tilted (factory job) so that the universals are more in a straight line, less stress on them. The frame is heavy and it seems to be in decent shape. No engine came with it but the radiator is there. I think it had a Detroit in it. It is about the size of a C5 or older John Deere 540. Has 18.4 x 34 rubber. I have never seen one before. He is thinking about trying to get an engine for it. It has a disc brake on it. Looks heavy duty. Just curious if anyone knows about them.

grassfed

Is that a Case skidder?
Mike

HiTech

I think it may be...not sure. It says Beloit on the front.

lumberjack48

Case / Boloit,  probably a 400 Skid King
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

HiTech

Whatever it is, I never saw one before.

logman81

Yes this machine is a case skid king I test drove one a few years ago in CT. Don't know much about them but it seem to be well built machine but the cab was a little to open for me. ;) Most common ones were the 300 and 400 skid kings.
Precision Firewood & Logging

HiTech

It is kind of hard getting on and off also...and it is pretty wide open. When seated your shoulder is out past the roll cage. I looked it over a little more yesterday. I guess the term is Oscillate, both axles are solid to the frame. That would be different. I guess like everything there is good points and bad points.

Thank You Sponsors!