iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Retail Husqvarna Displays from Custom Cut Beams

Started by sgschwend, April 11, 2012, 01:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sgschwend

A local retail company decided to have me make them these Husqvarna displays.  The Husqvarna's design is similar but used 2X6" for the top and 10' landscape poles. The DF beams here are 6X6". The retail space is a converted auto dealer showroom, the large room needed the bigger beams to look right.

Steve Gschwend

sjgschwend@gmail.com

Misfit

Nice! Was this a "one-of" or have you developed a niche market in your area? Good on ya either way.  smiley_thumbsup

How about posting some pics after the displays are stocked?
I am neither a Philopolemic Blatherskite nor a Bloviating, Sialoquent Blatteroon.

"Say nuthin and saw wood."

youin

Quoted from "Kansas"...Hardest lesson I learned.. don't be afraid to make money. Stop worrying about what someone else is charging. If you provide service above and beyond the standard, don't feel you have to keep your prices down. No apologies necessary.

sgschwend

The basic shape is close to what they sell with a fixed 20' width.  The ones I made needed to vary the width due to the spaces between the I-beams.  I believe their beams are much lighter.

Not a bad product to consider, the current offering was quite a bit higher in price, sells for $3,000 each, that does not include the cost of assembled.
Steve Gschwend

sjgschwend@gmail.com

sgschwend

Update:
The retail material has arrived.  I took this picture today; only the first display has the Husqvarna product loaded for display but you get the idea.  The owner told me that these displays are quite a bit better than the stock one.  The Husqvarna sales representative has already sent me a potential customer for another set.  Unfortunately I am transitioning to a new style sawmill that I am designing.  So I recommended that he use the search function here to look for a mill near the location of the new retail store.  I also passed on his number to the other Jeff across town from me. 

Like I said before this would make a good product for any mill that has softwood logs.  Be being able to provide local beams and save on shipping while providing a bigger look.

Steve Gschwend

sjgschwend@gmail.com

Woodchuck53

Nice display. Thanks for the updated photos also. Did you seal the beams?
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

Thank You Sponsors!