iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Inscense cedar sawed for steps

Started by markd, April 11, 2012, 12:35:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markd

I took down this cedar tree for a friend, it had been topped maybe 10 yrs ago and the limbs curved upward so I used them for the handrails.

markd

5quarter

What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

LOGDOG

Tree Feller

That's some nice work. Very organic and in perfect harmony with the surroundings.
Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook
Well equipped, serious, woodworking shop

redbeard

One of a kind! I always keep my out for the curvy cedars natural arches always sell. Nice job.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Nomad

Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

That is taking craftsmanship and ingenuity to a higher level.  VERY NICE !!!   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

bugdust

This is a perfect example of harmony with mother nature and human ingenuity. Very creativy!
Since I retired I really like work: It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

tcsmpsi

Double naught cool beans!   ;D

Oh....I'll give you $47 to send me that ladder.   :D
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

thecfarm

Matching railing!!!!  That is some nice looking.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bogue Chitto

Misfit

Very cool! Big thumbs up.  smiley_thumbsup  smiley_clapping
I am neither a Philopolemic Blatherskite nor a Bloviating, Sialoquent Blatteroon.

"Say nuthin and saw wood."

metalspinner

mark,
That looks really good. Those rails make a beautiful approach to the house.

How did you secure them to the stairs?
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

JohnM

Mark, the steps and railing look awesome!  But what really got my attention is your step ladder...what's 'up' with that thing?!! ??? :D

JM
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

markd

Okay, That ladder is a Werner scaffold ladder, steps on both sides, 10 ft tall with an  8 ft  extension in the middle, nice heavy duty, a bitch to move by yourself. Very stable with one or two people, got in a trade I did with a friend. I've never seen another like it but they must be out there somewhere. I used to set it up along with my truck and run a long scaffold board to hang fashias on barns we worked on. Markd
markd

markd

The rails are attatched at the top to the house and post, the bottoms are drilled and attatched with 6" galvy ringshanked barn spikes, what I had in the truck, I'm an old barn restorer. If you hadn't noticed I build with whatever I have at hand!! I love my sawmill, and I know you all do too!! Markd
markd

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

kelLOGg

Quote from: markd on April 11, 2012, 10:07:45 PM
I build with whatever I have at hand!! I love my sawmill, and I know you all do too!! Markd

You & me, friend. Love your work.
Bob
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

MotorSeven

Those look great...no Incense here, but ERC does have some beautiful bends too. Here is a pic of my railing I am working on now:

I have a long way to go...gathering "spokes"(cedar branches) in the woods today......
WoodMizer LT15 27' bed

Magicman

That will be very nice.  I love the ingenuity.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

shelbycharger400

markd

Now your talkin my language!! Lookin good. Is that a sawed log house you're working on? I really want to see more pictures if you can. Is ERC anything like WRC? Western red is soft, splits easy smells nice and lasts forever and real easy to work with. I split all the shakes for this place. Thanks there Hotrod. Markd
markd

shelbycharger400

erc... 
slitting? well in the splitter here it puts up a little bit at first, then shears relatively straight.  It Is soft.  burns and smells good!

sandhills

Those all are truly unique and beautiful, you guys should be very proud!  Erc definitely has a scent, are inscense cedar and wrc the same wood?

Thank You Sponsors!