iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Skidder tire chains

Started by Maineiac, April 10, 2012, 10:00:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maineiac

Has anybody used Chinese Multi-ring tire chains manufactured by Qingdao Bright Future. Found these on line just curious about qaulity , and who sells them in the US.

smwwoody

Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

lumberjack48

I ran off name  skidder chains, i can't remember the name. They were China chains, i had better luck with them for wearing then the USA made, seemed like they were harder steel.
Over 15 yrs running chains the biggest wear problem was when i ran them to tight. I ran them year round and watched this happen, when the chains are tight they wear in one place on the chain links. All so when there tight they want to walk off the tire. I ran the last set 2 yrs, they were on the skidder when i sold it.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Maineiac

Years ago some of the fellers that I worked with bought some Chinese skidder chains and they were not tempered, only lasted about a year the price was about half of other available chains. I have had good luck with Canadain chains made in Maine but I am just looking around for deals and was wondering if anybody has used these chains.

rick f

Canadian chain in skowhegan is out of business isn't it?
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
1250 JD farm tractor with skid winch
5040 kubota farm tractor

Ed_K

Try (Tire Chains Required) their in Maine.I've had good luck with them.
Ed K

snowstorm

Quote from: rick f on April 10, 2012, 09:03:03 PM
Canadian chain in skowhegan is out of business isn't it?
ya there are gone ever have any with the cobra hooks......junk....i think the name has being used  canadian chain by wallingford?

snowstorm

Quote from: Ed_K on April 10, 2012, 09:16:58 PM
Try (Tire Chains Required) their in Maine.I've had good luck with them.
there are at least 2 places that build them here. one in winslow one in oakland

redprospector

I got mine from Tire Chains Required, good chains.

Just my opinion, but if we don't buy US made when we can, we loose our credibility in complaining about this crappy economy.

Just my 2 cents.

Andy
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

Maineiac

Asked Tire chains.com where there ring chains are manufactured, they told me that the ring chains were made for them in China. Canadian Chain still has a web site. TCR is Wallingfords.

snowstorm

the name canadian chain lives on now owned by jackman epuipment , davco, same owner one of the carriers

Maineiac

Found another chain manufacture, Quebec Traction Chains.  Could not find ring chains but I know they sell them. Found tempered parts to rebuild ring chains, no prices would have to call them.

Thank You Sponsors!