iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Camp Jack

Started by Magicman, April 07, 2012, 02:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

On July 4, 1982, my only Brother, age 42, suggested that I get a group together for a Colorado elk hunt. I quickly reminded him that I did not bow hunt so he suggested that I could be the Camp Jack (CJ). My response was that I would not be interested in going that far just to cook and wash dishes.  Both of us had made previous trips to Colorado/Wyoming, but never together.

Going home that evening my thoughts were heavy. My Brother was terminally ill with cancer and I had refused his offer. The first thing that I did when I got home was to call him and ask if the offer was still open.

I was the CJ in 1982 and 1983 for him and his group. The others spike camped out several nights so it was just the two of us sitting beside the campfire.

In 1984 he again went with me on an antelope hunt, but this time he traveled only in my memory. Being a CJ has many rewards.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Autocar

Been down that road also and never regretted for doing what I did. Sounds to me Magicman that your a up standing person ! Bill
Bill

sandhills

After spending a few evenings (far too few) over the last several months with a good friend who was also terminally ill with cancer I can tell you what you did for your brother meant far more to him then it ever will to you, believe me or not it did.  I've learned a lot in the last year or so and all I can say is you did good by doing that.

Bill Gaiche

You can always say I am glad that I did that, not saying I am sorry that I didnt do that. Just think it didnt hurt one bit. bg

Chuck White

That was a very loving thing you did Lynn.

If you hadn't gone, you would have never forgiven yourself.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

Our Son Marty and I are sorta getting things pointed in the direction of our October trip to Colorado.  I know that it is still months away, but you are always getting ready.  The "getting ready" always brings back memories of my late Brother Sam.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

doctorb

Good story.  Good lesson.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Thank You Sponsors!