iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pergola for home and garden show

Started by okmulch, April 06, 2012, 05:46:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

okmulch

Well now that I have a sawmill, I have got a little creative for our booth at the Stillwater Home and Garden Show.

The pics are not clear enough to see the posts are 6x6's made into octagons

Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

jueston

looks great. how long does it take you to disassemble and reassemble when you move it?

WDH

Maybe the cedar for raised garden beds will be a hit!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Cedarman

Those raised beds are sure a hit in the Louisville area.  3 or 4 different groups are making them from cedar.  Must have sold enough for several hundred and have orders for wood for several hundred more.
They are hot!!!
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Larry

That's an attractive display.  Should generate some interest.

How are you cutting the tails on the rafters?  I sawed some on the shop bandsaw a while back.  While the results were great, I thought it took too much time. 
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

okmulch

We are getting a lot of interest in the raised beds but the pergola must be the THING!! Most every person comments on the pergola and asks what it would cost. We are giving the price for the lumber and posts only. No hardware or end cuts.

Larry, I used a jigsaw and a pattern I made to replicate the end cuts. It wasn't that bad, however I had to go buy a high end jigsaw to handle the full 2x6 cedar. My first jigsaw broke. :(
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

Norm

Gee whiz Aaron when do you find time to sleep!

Patty wants one too since you deliver.... ;D

opticsguy

Interesting that you made octagons.  I got creative last week and learned how to calculate out the sides of the Octagons ( X/2.414 ) and got right on the saw and made one up with a simple jig.  Then got into making tapered columns with a variety of results.  The band saw mill has really opened up the possibilities!! Great fun!!!
TK 1220 band mill,  1952 Ford F-2, 1925 Dodge touring, too many telescopes.

Thank You Sponsors!