iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Work Gloves

Started by Magicman, April 03, 2012, 03:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

I am now in the habit of wearing work gloves while sawing, so it is no bother to me.  Often times I will get to a saw job and the customer/off loaders will not have gloves.  My solution is to always be on the lookout for glove bargains.  I recently found these for $6.00 per dozen.

For 50 cents per pair, I bought 4 dozen.   ;D   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

LeeB

That's a good enough price if you even only get one wear out of them.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Magicman

They would not fit your big hands though.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

LeeB

I do sometimes have trouble finding gloves big enough. Gloves are provided for us at work and most of the guys wear medium or large. They buy 3x large for me and one other guy there. Being the big guy isn't always fun. Always costs more to stay in clothes that look half decent.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Norm

3X! Remind me to never arm wrestle you for the beer tab.  :D

LeeB

It's not really as bad as it sounds. Most of the guys are Vietnamese. Little fellows, they are.  :D
Besides, I'd be happy to pick up the tab.

Chuck White

I always wear gloves while sawing.

I prefer MidWest insulated gloves, not for the warmth, but for the extra padding/protection.

I don't care for gloves that are tight around the wrist, I prefer the easy to slip on/off type.

These run me around $8.00 per pair, but a pair will usually last me about a year (Apr-Nov).

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

I wear gloves if I'm doing anything with wood. I feel something is wrong if I don't have gloves on. When I was working they would have to turn in a pair for another pair. I would get the throw aways. Yes,I might of got 8 rights and only one left that was any good,but maybe next time I would get 10 lefts and 2 rights that was good.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Yup, I never throw the "good" glove away and I regularly restitch glove seams with dental floss.  I guess that I wear "designer" gloves because they seldom match.   smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsdown

Chuck White

MM, that's like the guy that wore mismatched socks to work and someone noticed and had to say something about it!

The quick witted guy calmly said ya I know, I have another pair just like this pair, at home.  ;D
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

Ya been ah lookin at mah socks  ???

Thank You Sponsors!