iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I should probably get a job but...

Started by AvT, April 02, 2012, 11:26:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AvT

I am having some fun making these little videos lately.  I was trying to capture the melting snow in the first part of this video with mediocre success.  In full screen at the highest resolution its noticable in the foreground.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKyPqtRB3L8

Actually I have a thousand jobs I SHOULD  be doing but all the life changes I have made in the last year or so are taking a while to get used to, so I'm just going to play for a bit longer.
Wannabe sawyer, Cord King M1820 firewood processor Palax KS35 Ergo firewood Processor, 5403 John Deere, Bunch of other farm equipment,   LT70 Remote Woodmizer.  All good things but the best things in life are free.. If you don't believe me.. hold your breath for 2 minutes

Magicman

Nice.  If I had snow would I then have an excuse for not getting everything done  ???  What the heck, I'll use it anyway.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Brucer

MM, if you need an excuse I can lend you some of my snow. Three feet deep on the woodshed as of this morning.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

AvT

Thanks Magicman!
haha Brucer, he is already using my snow for his excuse but if he needs more,,, holy man have you got a lot.  We hardly had any here at all this winter.  Can hardly even call what we had winter.

Andy
Wannabe sawyer, Cord King M1820 firewood processor Palax KS35 Ergo firewood Processor, 5403 John Deere, Bunch of other farm equipment,   LT70 Remote Woodmizer.  All good things but the best things in life are free.. If you don't believe me.. hold your breath for 2 minutes

Chuck White

We didn't get much snow here either this Winter!

I've been keeping track of snowfall in my yard and the first snow was Nov 11th and the last was Mar 31st, with a total of 55 inches!

What an easy Winter, kind of makes one wonder what the Summer will be!  :o
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

It's a different world.

If we get 3" here, half of the cars will have to go to the body shop.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Coon

Snow.... what is that.   :D  I haven't seen any snow here in this part of Saskatchewan for a couple of weeks or more.  A little further north there is still some but.... not here.   8)   8)  Can't wait to get our new used boat in the water and do some fishing.  ;D 
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Brucer

Quote from: AvT on April 03, 2012, 01:32:07 AM
... haha Brucer, he is already using my snow for his excuse but if he needs more,,, holy man have you got a lot.  ...

The last two winters have been really weird here.

Normally January is our heaviest month, with February a close second. I usually measure the snow load on the roof on January 31 and decide at that point if we have to shovel it off. March starts off with a bit of snow and ends with a lot of rain that really knocks back the snow.

But the last two years there was so little snow on the roof at the end of January that I didn't even bother to measure it. February was about normal. It snowed pretty much all through March and only turned to rain on a couple of days. In fact, it was snowing heavily on April 1 this year (some joke).
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Brad_S.

I just bought a camcorder and time lapse was a must have in my search. One of the things I'd like to do a time lapse of is sawing up a log. I have a million other ideas to try too...
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

AvT

Quote from: Brad_S. on April 04, 2012, 11:26:57 AM
I just bought a camcorder and time lapse was a must have in my search. One of the things I'd like to do a time lapse of is sawing up a log. I have a million other ideas to try too...

Time lapse was a must for me too but I also wanted completely waterproof and durable so i had to give up some features like zoom and good sound among other things but I am very happy with this thing.

Thank You Sponsors!