iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

burn the chimney stuff

Started by redpowerd, February 21, 2004, 09:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redpowerd

creosote burns real well in my stove. takes a bed to get'r goin but boy!
wheres the drawbacks? :D
theres gotta be ONE! :D
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

Stan

It'll make a fine afterburner outa yore chimny, and if'n you don't have a good screen the rug'll try to jump into the fireplace.  :-/
I may have been born on a turnip truck, but I didn't just fall off.

SwampDonkey

Just like burnin coal ain't it redpowered?

:D ;D :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

breederman

Thats ONE way to clean it! ;)The train sound is scary though ;D
Together we got this !

chet

I was on a fire call a couple of years ago to a home that someone did exactly the same thing. He had intentional set a chimney fire to burn the creosote buildup. At some previous time someone had plugged an unused inlet into the chimney with one of them decorative pie plates, then later covered over it during some remodeling.
The extreme heat of the chimney fire melted the pie plate, and then ignited the wall covering it. His twin 2 year old daughters where asleep in that room .   :'(
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

redpowerd

sorry, on another thread i wrote that i had given her a good scrapin.
id never flash her off, she rises right up thru the center (centre, for swampdonk)of the cabin. got about 5 gallons of crusty stuff. ive seen it go like a mother inside a chimney, why not use that fuel safley for heat?

flashin a chimney is dangerous and jus plain lazy!
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

SwampDonkey

redpowered

WoW, 5 gallons?  :o When I clean my flu annually I get 3 gallons at the most. And that's from 45 feet of flu. You burnin green? I add soot and creasote agitators to my fire so it doesn't built up on the flu. Most of the scrapings have fallin to the cleanout before I even send the brush up'er.

:) ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

redpowerd

na, not quite. my chimney is around that size. she sticks too high over the roof, thats where allmost ALL of the stuff comes from. this summer im goin up an takin a few blocks off. one at a time to watch draft. sucks!
i think its copper sulfate? burn that stuff and pull it outa the cleanout once a month. dosent help with the cold top though
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

Thank You Sponsors!