iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hi there

Started by dave9252, April 01, 2012, 09:52:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dave9252

Hi guys and gals, Just thought i'd introduce myself, I'm not completey settled anywhere as i'm still serving in the British Army. I'm English and work in Germany (stationed there) and i'm starting to spread my roots in Valley View Alberta Canada..
Some of you might guess that i know Lyle Niemi (brother-in-law), and have spent many a long hour helping him set up his saw mill, most resently repositioning and installing a JD motor to power it.

Dave

WDH

Hi there, yourself, and welcome to the Forum. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

red oaks lumber

welcome to the forum
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Welcome to the 4um.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

dave9252

Ga Mtn Man

Welcome to the forum.   :)
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

beenthere

Yes welcome. You are doing an awesome job getting that Deere running the mill. Keep up the good work, and thanks for joining in.  8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

davey duck

Welcome,to the forum Dave.
David G.Fleming

markd

I thought Lyle was getting an awful lot done to be doing it by himself, You're probably the brains behind the project eh? HAHA! Good Job both of you, It's always good to see your posts. Markd
markd

customsawyer

Welcome to the forum.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

terrifictimbersllc

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Buck

Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

bandmiller2

Welcome Dave,Alberta must seem like the wild west compared to "merry old england" sometimes a fella has to go somewhere he can stretch his legs.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, dave9252.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum Dave.

Lots of good people here!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

ALWOL

Welcome! I wondered how Lyle was getting so much work done, so fast. Thanks for the video you posted for him also.

Alan
There's a big difference between staying busy and making money.

MapleNut

Welcome dave9252, this is a great place to learnalot! I am. :)
2005 WM LT40HDG28, 5500 IRON MULE, 272,262,046, & A PIC!

dave9252

Thanks for the warm welcome, not to sure on the brains of the outfit, but definetly ahead in the good looks department.  :D
Yep Alberta is nice and open and with a far friendler bunch of folks around..
Lyle is teaching me some of the finer points of the mill, like how it works...

sawmillhand

Welcome to the forum
1990 woodmizer LT40 Hyd  2004 Ford F350 Flatbed. Plenty of tractors.

Sprucegum

You have already been welcomed to the Forum so I will add;

Welcome to Alberta  8)

Thank You Sponsors!