iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anchorseal

Started by duaneb, March 29, 2012, 11:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duaneb

Where is the best place to get Anchorseal?  And how is it priced?

Thanks,

duaneb

Al_Smith

Depends ,usually by a 5 gallon bucket .You can Google it for the price or Baileys sells some type sealer for about the same price ,maybe a tad cheaper .

It works real well if you are going to mill it in a relatively short amount of time .If not regular roof tar or driveway sealer works better .Just cut a cookie before you mill it and seal it with Anchorseal type stuff .Don't run through the tar with the saw  because it will streak the planks and make a mell of hess .

duaneb

Thanks for the info!

duaneb

Tree Feller

UC Coatings makes Anchorseal. You can order online from them directly in 1, 2 or 5 gal containers. I prefer the original "classic" Anchorseal to Anchorseal2.

http://www.uccoatings.com/products/anchorseal

I get mine via a friend who is a member of a local turning association. They buy it in bulk and sell it to their members at about half of retail price.

Besides Anchorseal or roofing tar, you can also use aluminum paint mixed 50/50 with varnish or paraffin wax. However, I find the Anchorseal to be the easiest, effective method.

Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook
Well equipped, serious, woodworking shop

WDH

You have to call them to get the "classic" formulation.  It is wonderful stuff.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Wallys World

They also have a "winterized" formula to keep it from freezing. Good stuff, I used some last night on some oak and pine logs.
Wood-Mizer LT28G25, Wood-Mizer EG10 Edger, Wallenstein Timber Talon log loader trailer, Wallenstein GX640 wood splitter, Wallenstein WP835 Fire Wood Processor, Kubota BX 22 TLB, JD 445, JD Gator, Home made arch, Stihl 024 Super, MS251, MS311, MS440 Magnum & MS660.

Thank You Sponsors!