iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Prentice Knuckleboom

Started by treay, March 28, 2012, 09:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

treay

Does anyone on this forum have any information or remember anything about an old Prentice Model FEBA knuckleboom loader?  I bought one last fall from a retired tree service man.  It's in very good condition and has a rotational grapple, I want to mount it on my Ford F700 truck.  The truck has a 429 gas engine and a Fuller mid-range five speed transmission with a Chelsey PTO.  The pump that came with the loader is obsolete and parts are no longer available, I could not find out what GPM it produced or what kind of PSI it was capable of.  Any info would help.  The pump is the only thing I need to have a great little firewood hauler.

snowstorm

didnt i already answer this? single pump 25gpm set psi at 2100

treay

Is there anyone else besides Snowstorm that has an opinion or suggestion?

lumberjack48

We had an ole Mack with a 711 motor[ i think 160 hp], with a Barko 60, it had a single pump setup, worked very good.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

treefarmer87

i want to do the same thing to my chevy with a 427 5x2 rear with double frame. I dont know the name of the pump on my prentice h but i am sure they are similar.
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

snowstorm

Quote from: treay on March 30, 2012, 08:58:26 PM
Is there anyone else besides Snowstorm that has an opinion or suggestion?
i had a prentice  g   from 78 to 82. a g was a bit bigger than an f . i dont answer questions unless i am sure of the answer

treay

I appreciate everyone's help, thank you.

Thank You Sponsors!