iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

turning lemons into limbonade

Started by mooleycow, March 28, 2012, 08:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mooleycow

stressful day.  so went by sally and bartow's house.  had my polesaw in the truck.  they are retired and in their 70's.  asked if they had any limbs bothering them when they mowed their yard.  cut a lot of limbs for them folks.  they were very appreciative and i needed the penince, especially during lent.  got home and feel better.  didn't have to vent about my day to the wife. 

Woodwalker

Good for you.

Ahhh, if your still stressing, I got a few things................... :D
Just cause your head's pointed, don't mean you are sharp.

DanG

Good job, Mooleycow!  It always gives ya a feelgood to do somebody a good turn, Lent or not. :) :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Magicman

Good for you.  There is nothing as personally rewarding as to lend a helping hand to someone in need.  Whatever it is does not matter.  We have to share our talents and abilities.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sandhills

I have no doubt it made them feel better than it did you.  I don't have a clue where I'd be at if it wasn't for the good neighbors I grew up with.

Den Socling

This is a little off the subject but along the same line. Several years ago, a neighbor couple was in a horrible car accident. They were in a midsize car and a big pickup came across the highway and landed in their windshield. Somehow, they both were alive but they spent months in the hospital. Winter was coming and Patti knew that they were living hand-to-mouth. She didn't expect that they had any fuel oil. We had a key to their house so we went to their basement and checked. No oil. We didn't have much money but we called another neighbor who has a coal & oil business and asked him to put $100 in the tank. He told other neighbors and they chipped in, too. Then, the neighbor with the fuel business just decided to top off the tank. We ended up boarding their Boston Terrier for 6 months. When Chris and Cy finally got home, the neighborhood made them dinner every night of the week. Everything was organized to keep them fed. We felt terrible about their ordeal but the neighborhood sure was good.

Thank You Sponsors!