iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anyone working in Fairplay Colorado?

Started by T4Tree, March 27, 2012, 03:10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T4Tree

Hello again,

I'm still very new to the forum, I posted a post on a problem I had earlier But I was just curious if there is anyone you works in the forestry currently working in Fairplay Colorado?

I am a college student majoring in Forestry and I just received an internship opportunity for this summer with the Forestry in Fairplay CO. This will be my first internship and my first time to Colorado so I'm going completely green.

Ron Scott

That should be a choice area to work. Right in the heart of Colorado. Will you be working on a National Forest? Where are you from?
~Ron

T4Tree

I am from NM and the information I have so far is I will be doing stand exams. It would have been nice to work on a National Forest though. And people I talk to say that its beautiful up there.

Ron Scott

Stand exam is a fun job. It is a job often given to new foresters and interns. You will get to have the initial input on taking the forest from its existing conditon to its future condition. A lot of stand inventory to do.

Yes, you will be working in a beautiful area. One where many of us foresters would have liked to lived, especailly if you are a skier.
~Ron

beenthere

So are you going to working for the State of CO?
Are the stand exams then for the state?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

T4Tree

I don't have much information on it yet as they said they would be emailing all information. I looked up the number they have been calling me from online and I found out it's with the south park ranger district. You guys made me feel better about stand exams though, describing it as a fun job.

It would be nice if I knew people, as I don't know really what to expect because this is my first internship. I am excited about it though.

Rocky_Ranger

Good people there, friendly town, carry some rocks with you 'cause it is windy.  Great country - the South Park is a very large grassland surrounded by some peaks over 14,000 feet.  Leadville is just to the west, across the Mosquito Mtns.  Buffalo Peaks, Mosquito Pass, Weston Pass, get out and enjoy some of it during your off days.....
RETIRED!

Thank You Sponsors!