iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Using a tooth setter

Started by 1988mustang, March 26, 2012, 11:29:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1988mustang

I've had my used Baker sawmill now for a couple years.  It hasn't had much run time.  The previous owner gave me a quick lesson on how to set and sharpen the blades.  I am now  at the point that I need to sharpen some blades.  I have forgotten how it zero the dial gauge and set the dial for a 7 deg blade.  I did a search for these specific instructions in the forum but did not find the info I am looking for.  I'm sorry for such a newbie question, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

bandmiller2

Musty 88,your talking about two seperate operations setting and sharpening.You really need a way to measure how much your setting, be it a special tool or vernier calipers.Which tools do you have for setting and sharpening.?Most sharpening machine have provisions to change the hook angle,yours is probibly set at 10 degrees,there should be marks and you should be able to adjust the head that holds the motor and grinding wheel.The best way to check the hook is with a machinests protractor,kinda like a square you can adjust with degree marks on its scale.Have a white background and leave a slight gap between the protractor and the tooth.Tell us what you have for machines for specifics. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Thank You Sponsors!