iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Texas Fishing

Started by Bill Gaiche, March 25, 2012, 05:41:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Gaiche

Spent 6 days fishing on Falcon Lake in Zapada Texas this past week. Caught a lot of bass and had a great time. That is one large lake. Big Bass was 9.0 lbs. bg

Norm

Wow!

That's on my bucket list of lakes to fish. Wish it wasn't so darn far away.

Magicman

Everything in Texas is "far away".   :)

When we go West each year, the sun rises and sets on us in Texas.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ron Scott

Those are some bass! What was the favored bait?
~Ron

doctorb

WOW!  I am insanely envious.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Bill Gaiche

Brush Hog was most productive. Lizard worked some. Big bas was on a Zoom Craw. All was on Tx. rig. It is a long way, 760 miles. It was worth it. bg

WildDog

Looks like you had a great trip.  :) What I would give for six days fishing......anywhere
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

fishpharmer

Great bass!  I am curious about the average water depth you hooked those bruisers and the water temperature?
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

ely

more importantly, did you see any big gar while fishing.?

SwampDonkey

Looks like a good time Bill. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

The smile says that you were having a great time Bill.  You mighta needed Paul along for boat ballast.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Texas Ranger

What can I say?  Welcome to Texas, y'all, bring money, enjoy your stay, oh, did I mention, bring money?
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Bill Gaiche

Funny MM. I hope PC doesnt read this cause hes very sensitive. There were 2 days that it was really rough.
Caught most of the fish in about 4' to 12' of water and the temp was 70 to 74 degrees.
Didnt see many gar. The one I saw close was a monster.
Money? What money? Friend paid for all of it and he spent a bunch. Tx is better off now because of him. bg

Texas Ranger

Did you see any of the DPS armed patrol boats?

Norm

I belong to a Texas fishing forum and someone posted a picture of one. Looks like their budget needs to be cut.

Did you drag down your boat with you Bill?

Texas Ranger

Falcon Lake is one of the Mexico-Texas border lakes that have seen increased cross country violence, since the feds don't patrol, Texas does.  I personally would not fish far from the Texas side.

beenthere

Some well equipped boats they have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y9raFnFn0A

Designed and built to patrol Falcon Lake . . . The armaments onboard
include 5 - static mounted [2 dual & 1 single] FN M240B 7.62×51 mm NATO
Light machineguns, 2 - Barrett .50 BMG Sniper Rifles, and other assorted
5.56 rifles, 9mm sub machineguns, and grenade launchers.

No torpedo tubes I guess.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

We have a FF member Coyote that lives in Zapata.  Coyote

Woodwalker

Quote from: beenthere on March 26, 2012, 07:08:59 PM
Some well equipped boats they have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y9raFnFn0A

Designed and built to patrol Falcon Lake . . . The armaments onboard
include 5 - static mounted [2 dual & 1 single] FN M240B 7.62×51 mm NATO
Light machineguns, 2 - Barrett .50 BMG Sniper Rifles, and other assorted
5.56 rifles, 9mm sub machineguns, and grenade launchers.

No torpedo tubes I guess.

Given the current situation with the drug trade, they could very well be out gunned.
Just cause your head's pointed, don't mean you are sharp.

Bill Gaiche

Didnt drag my boat down. Friend has 2- 20' rangers. One with 225 and the other a 300hp merc that he keeps down there. He Just ordered a new 21' with 300 merc for here.
Yes I saw the boats. They launched out of the county ramp where we did. Sometimes they would have 2 out of this area. Also there were 2 game and fish boats on Saturday. A week before we went down ice was present at this ramp. Never saw one out where we were fishing in 6 days. We fished the Mexican side every day and fished the American side for a few hours one day only. There are a lot of Mexican fishing camps. They fish for tilapia and sell them. We gave some fish we caught to a Mexican family of (3), some bass that we caught who was fishing for Tilapia. In the two hours of fishing they only netted one tilapia and he gave it to us. He said that he had 17 kilos the day before. I think that 27lbs. He spoke some english. He was very gracious for the fish. They are some really poor people over there.bg

Norm

Sweet boats BG, my wish list boat is the 520VX.

Thank You Sponsors!