Sponsors:

WM outriggers

Started by millwright, March 24, 2012, 09:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

millwright

Has anyone have any opinions on the WM FAOs vs the standard outriggers/

zopi

worth it. get em.

I wound up building my own from the stock units...and really like them.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Magicman

Absolutely !!!  I moved and set up twice today.  That is one of the best options to come along in quite a while.

Click Search above, type in "Outriggers" and check the [ ] "Search in topic subjects only"

You will find several threads on FAO's.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

zopi

and my modification is at the end of my "sawmill totaled" thread...

See Yellowhammer's conversion thread too...
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,53476.0.html

I built mine as he did, but he used stock material...I used LT-15 feet and the GO chassis stock outriggers.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Brucer

I don't move the mill much anymore, but I replaced the front and back outriggers with the FAO's just so I could fine tune the level of the mill when the ground thaws in the spring. Definitely worth the price unless your mill is bolted down ;).
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Dan_Shade

you guys that made your own, what are you using for the threaded parts of your fine adjustment legs?
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

NMFP

I replaced the two on the loader side, and at each end, leaving the the inside jacks beside the track.  I made braackets and then attached 2500 lb bulldog top wind jacks to them purchased at tractor supply.  In total, I have approx 300$ total in this investment and they work great.  I also have the same set up on my edger, sadust elevators, tie trailer and flatbed trailers. 
I have a tendancy to overload things and these jacks hold up very well.  They have been on there approx 2 years and not a problem yet.  When and if there is a problem, all I will do is purchase another jack, pull the pin, attach the new jack and we are ready to go.

Hope this helps.

zopi

the threaded part of mine are the original feet...poked a hole in the bottom of the outrigger, welded on a nut...

large allthread can be used...pretty much what is used for weight jackers in race cars..I would go with ACME threads, as they are stronger..but a bit more expensive.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

millwright

Thanks for the replys, it sounds like the FAOs are the way to go.

Thank You Sponsors!