iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lt40hd24 blade guide problems?????

Started by Bolie, March 24, 2012, 12:43:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolie

Sealed guide roller bearing had little slack in it ,found a old roller with alemite that came with mill and changed it but then new blade starts chattering and leaving little ripples in sawed boards so put sealed bearing back on to try to finish day..stilll making ripples but not as bad.Fixing to order 2 new rollers.Does anybody know what I,m trying to say?any feedback will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks Bo

If you want to do something bad enough you'll find a way,If you don't you'll find an excuse!!!!!!!!

Brucer

Did you adjust the blade alignment when you put the new rollers on? If the rollers got out of adjustment when you were changing them that would give you a ripple.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Chuck White

The rollers need to be adjusted so they are level with the bed.

If they are tilted up or down, they will not saw right.

Follow the alignment procedure as outlined in the owners manual.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magic Smoke

There might be a small flat spot on that old roller.

Sawmill Man

Being that the ripple was little and there wasnt much change between the different rollers I would look at that new blade real close for incorrect hook and set.
"I could have sworn I went over that one with the metal detector".

pineywoods

May not be the rollers. A slipping drive belt will do that. IF it is the guide rollers, could be not enough down pressure on the blade.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Bogue Chitto

I had that problem one time and it was the drive belt. 

Sawmill Man

Too much hook and or set is guaranteed to bring on the drive belt problems if belt tension is just barely enough before the blade change. Changing from a low hook blade to a higher hook tooth is going to stress the drive belt more and possibly cause slippage where there wasn't  any before.
"I could have sworn I went over that one with the metal detector".

Brucer

First rule of troubleshooting -- whatever you just changed is most likely where the problem is. When you replace the blade guide rollers you usually end up messing with the adjustment.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Bolie

you probably right Brucer gonna have to bring wm mechanic to fix it when i get thru adjusting!!
If you want to do something bad enough you'll find a way,If you don't you'll find an excuse!!!!!!!!

Chuck White

Another thing to remember is "only change one thing at a time", or you're asking for trouble!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!