iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

"Duck Dynasty"

Started by Planman1954, March 19, 2012, 05:59:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Planman1954

Hi all:

If you get a chance, check out "Duck dynasty" on A&E this Wesnesday night. It's going to be good! I watched the first episode on the internet. It reminded me a little of the dukes of hazzard...except it's real. The family ends each episode sitting at "Mrs. Kay's" table, and they say a blessing! First time I've seen that in a long time..maybe since the Waltons. Anyway, the really cool thing for me is that the family is the Robertson's. Phil is the "Duck Commander" and makes duck calls. he is the elder at my church, and an extremely devout Christian. An overall good guy! Anyway, check it out...we're all excited around here!
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 / Solar Dry Kiln /1943 Ford 9n tractor

Autocar

I use to watch them on the Outdoor channel they were on Sunday mornings I had to hussel to get to church on time  ;D But it was one of the better shows on there I always thought.
Bill

Planman1954

Tonight, Phil Robertson and son Willie will be on "Conan." I think it's on TBS at 10 pm central time. We're excited around here. They filmed at church 2 weeks ago...lots of equipment...I think they are serious.

Mooseherder

We have been watching and love the show.
That's some characters over there. :D

wood monger

I've seen a couple of episodes of this show. Seems good, not so corny or far fetched or scripted as many of the "reality" shows.

Planman1954

One thing to remember....Phil was the quarterback at Louisiana Tech in Ruston, La. Guess who was his backup??

Terry Bradshaw...

He preferred running through the swamps more than running on the football field. Guess that's why they built a football field in an earlier episode.

Planman1954

A&E is filming today at church. Everyone is wearing camo! I think it's going to be a real hoot.

fishpharmer

That's awesome!  I love the show, good Clean muddy ;D  entertainment.  That's how I view those redneck reality shows, as down to earth entertainment.

Did any of you lathe operators see the episode with the World's largest duck call?  First attempt flew apart soon after it started spinning, some big chunks too , looked real to me. ;D
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Mooseherder

I was wondering why they put it on the lathe after he split it with the chainsaw.
Had he put it on the lathe before it would have been okay.  The lathe operator had to know that was gonna happen.

fishpharmer

It was probably staged for dramatic effect.  Kinda like everyone wearing camo to church :D,  even us real rednecks know you dress up for church.

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Texas Ranger

Fish, I did, once, wife wouldn't set with me.
8)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

ellmoe

This is one of my new favorite shows. I find I like the "real" people shows, and the more "woods and water" the better!
Mark
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

Planman1954

Just got back home (7pm). Long day...but took pictures of the duck dynasty guys at church. Over 2300 folks showed up! Anyway, I hope to upload some photos tonight. Oh, and the lathe scene I don't think was staged. That was Mac Owen doing the turning. He is an excellent cabinet maker (made my cabinets out of walnut.) I don't think he would do that on purpose at all. It looked pretty violent on the show too...like it stunned the camera guy. Anyway, I'll try to post pics in a bit.

Planman1954

Here's a few pics. And yes, fishfarmer, half the folks there had camo on! It's not staged.
Here's Phil Robertson and me:

And here's Si Robertson (Phil's brother) with my sister and mom:

It was a fun day.

Magicman

The pictures are blank except for a few folks in the background.  Camo anyone  ??? ???  Looked like a fun day.  :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishpharmer

Now I'm jealous Planman1954!

I do love the show. 8)

Planman1954

Here's a photo I took showing the A&E film crew in the aisle at church. Jase Robertson was teaching a class in the auditorium. (Fishpharmer: Notice the camo!)

fishpharmer

fishpharmer

Planman, I don't think it was very Christian like of me to judge what your congregation wears to church.  Recently read that there over 350,000 Christian Churches in the US.  Percentage wise, I have only been to a micro fraction of that number.   So I don't suppose I really know what folks wear to all the other churches, especially yours. I like duck hunting and after watching some videos of him speaking and preaching, I like what Phil Robertson stands for. 

Planman1954

If anybody's up early this morning...check out the Duck Dynasty guys and gals on Fox and Friends. They had some pictures posted on facebook showing their trip to New York...pretty funny.

clww

I watch the FOX and Friends most every morning, and I did get to see them.
Love that Duck Dynasty show and the cast! :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Mooseherder

They are naturals around the camera.  Jase has perfect delivery.
The one udder brudder doesn't say too much and most times nothing at all.

Planman1954

The whole gang taped a segment on the "Wendy Williams" show today after they appeared on Fox and Friends. Chrys wrote on facebook that it should air May 15th. She said it was funny...Si took a squirrel from Louisiana on the plane packed with dry ice for Mrs. Kay to cook on the show. Can't wait to see that!

Woodey

Duck Dynasty is my new favorite show  :)

I like it along with Ax men, Swamp people and Pawn Stars.
WOODMIZER LT40HDD34CAT w/accuset
JLG SKYTRAK 6036 Telescopic Forklift
NYLE L200 KILN
BAKER M412 MOULDER

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!