iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Looking for sawmill operators for TV documentary

Started by DJacobs, March 19, 2012, 03:17:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

I forgot and I posted on that thread too.  ::)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

I think that you only "gritted" on that thread.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Okrafarmer

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

MM,that's funny.  ;D   Who knows "gritted" maybe a new word on here.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

zopi

Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

thecfarm

eastberkshirecustoms

I think we should have a 'blah' or a 'yuck' smiley....well OK, a grits smiley.

JohnM

Quote from: zopi on March 26, 2012, 09:51:19 AM
grit...stuff that dulls a band..

grits...stuff that dulls a band and the taste buds  ;D
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

thecfarm

John comes in to give me a helping hand with grits.   ;D Can't do it all by myself without coon being here.

JohnM

Quote from: thecfarm on March 26, 2012, 04:00:46 PM
John comes in to give me a helping hand with grits.   ;D Can't do it all by myself without coon being here.

:D  Yeah I've been reading Coon's updates (sounds like a rough yet good in the end stretch) and I'm right with you two on the grits front.  I've spent a few years total in the south (south FL 2yrs, Asheville, NC 2yrs and 3months in Columbia, SC...not to mention Basic and AIT at Ft. Lost-in-the-woods, MO)...most use I've found for grits is to 'dampen' and fill holes in drywall.  End up with mold but, meh, it was a rental.  ;) :D :D

To be honest I think I've had them twice once was 'good' and other was.........not.

What was this thread about again? ??? :D

JM
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

WDH

Quote from: thecfarm on March 26, 2012, 04:00:46 PM

You also have Zopi, he has been on a grits tear recently.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Okrafarmer

Yeah, but who has true grit?

"That old boy's got more grit than rough sandpaper."
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

thecfarm

tcsmpsi

Quote from: 4speed on March 19, 2012, 11:46:24 PM
As a bail bondsman I can tell you that the LAST thing you could ever want is a "reality show" made about your profession. I cut my mullet off in 1995 and my wife looks nothing like Beth. But, any time I introduce myself and tell someone what I do, the first thing they say is: "Oh, so you're like Dogg!" smiley_thumbsdown

That *^@@(&!!+_(*&^, Dog.  Some other nincompoop show before him was equally...embarassing.  Though the Germans have a particular flair, they did not embarass the industry.  Nor, the Swedes.  Nor, any other foreign documentary of the recovery ("bounty hunter") industry that I have known.  Discovery did a fair job.

In the end, I have found being in the news, documentary, etc., the balance falls heavily more to 'pain in the patootie' than otherwise.  Want to see what kind of folks lurk about with all sorts of 'thoughts' on a matter, just make notable 'tv' appearance.

These are specific personal opinions and do not reflect that of any government, agency or other entity.   :D

\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

zopi

I found something good to do with grits..good polishing compound coming out of a sand blaster....lol
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

tcsmpsi

Never thought of that....might work in a brass tumbler.   ;D
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Holmes

Quote from: Corley5 on March 23, 2012, 09:29:14 PM
I know  ;D  I'm not hiding the fact that I sent him a note  ;D :)  I think it'd be a blast to make a show like that  8) 8)  It's just entertainment  :) :)
Did you ever hear if you would be the entertainment??  8)
Think like a farmer.

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

barbender

I like grits, but there isn't much I don't like. Oatmeal. I don't care for oatmeal too much, other than that my wife calls me "the human garbage diposal"
Too many irons in the fire

giant splinter

I think Steve Cross is a great example of a down home sawyer and southern gentleman who has a great deal of talent and expertise and I bet many of the sawyers here may agree.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaVsOmHJfIo&feature=channel%20
roll with it

shellsawyer

MM im way late but know some real characters out here would make a tv show as good as some we see today comparable to ax men ect love to hear from you and by the way cussin aint a problem

DMcCoy

Sadly someone will do this for them and as colorful as they need, and the rest of you can spend your time explaining that 'we are not like them' and 'it's not like that at all', just like they do around here thanks to axemen.  They will likely be shown in the worst possible manner to make ratings.

A productive and interesting day without excitement at the sawmill is a good day in my book.  The closest I get to excitement and drama is when some idiot on my 1 man crew forgets to put the backstops high enough and rolls a log over the mill. Make a documentary about that?  ZZZzzzzz....

Thank You Sponsors!