iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Its cutting better. pics

Started by lyle niemi, March 17, 2012, 03:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lyle niemi

It is cutting better but it still wants to lead into the log a little. Im thinkin it could be the frozen poplar, or the light blade that I have. The blade sharpener fella said that I should have a 6/7 blade, that is a little thicker I guess. I cant tell how much rpm I am losing when Im going through the big log. I will be getting a tack next week.
Now a carridge question????? on the last pic it shows how far the carridge is away from the blade. Is that about right ??????

beenthere

Lyle
Can't tell what that distance is, with the way the end of the rule is pictured.
What is the distance between the end of the bunk and the tooth?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

lyle niemi

Quote from: beenthere on March 17, 2012, 03:31:13 PM
Lyle
Can't tell what that distance is, with the way the end of the rule is pictured.
What is the distance between the end of the bunk and the tooth?
sorry for the bad pic. it is 7/8 of an inch away from the tooth.

bandmiller2

Lyle,it depends on how thick you want the last board.If you want your last board to be 1" that gives you 1/8" of knee to hold it, not really enough.I always figured 5/8 to 3/4"for 1" boards.If your last board will be 2" thats fine. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

coastlogger

If your engine has a constant speed governor (best IMO) you shouldnt be losing revs unless youre really pushing it. (dont do that)
Looking at pics Id comment GET THE DOGS BACK.They are likely designed so that if theyre right back they cannot contact blade. Once you have a vertical face against posts,you might as well pull dogs right back. Thats what I did anyhow and I never once sawed into a dog.Looks to me like youve got them out further than they need to be. I know  i know who asked ya.
clgr
clgr

markd

good job you got that goin pretty quick, looks good, is it summertime up there already?
markd

lyle niemi

Quote from: coastlogger on March 17, 2012, 10:07:32 PM
If your engine has a constant speed governor (best IMO) you shouldnt be losing revs unless youre really pushing it. (dont do that)
Looking at pics Id comment GET THE DOGS BACK.They are likely designed so that if theyre right back they cannot contact blade. Once you have a vertical face against posts,you might as well pull dogs right back. Thats what I did anyhow and I never once sawed into a dog.Looks to me like youve got them out further than they need to be. I know  i know who asked ya.
clgr
Im always watching the dogs lol

lyle niemi

Quote from: markd on March 18, 2012, 01:52:44 AM
good job you got that goin pretty quick, looks good, is it summertime up there already?
We have a little ways to go before its summer up here, winters are always way to long

markd

I was only kidding about it being summer, If you went searching for some 14' 6x6's up there, how far would you have to go and how much would you have to pay for it? Framing lumber here in oregon is so cheap a mill like ours couldn't begin to compete. I can sell my doug fir logs for $580 m and buy 2"x6"s for $280 m, that's  $.28 Needless to say I don't saw much framing lumber.
markd

lyle niemi

Quote from: markd on March 18, 2012, 12:35:47 PM
I was only kidding about it being summer, If you went searching for some 14' 6x6's up there, how far would you have to go and how much would you have to pay for it? Framing lumber here in oregon is so cheap a mill like ours couldn't begin to compete. I can sell my doug fir logs for $580 m and buy 2"x6"s for $280 m, that's  $.28 Needless to say I don't saw much framing lumber.
You bet, I knew you were just kiddin around. I have a pretty good sense of humour.
Im still checking into the prices around here. will let you know when I find out more info

Thank You Sponsors!