iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pure marketing genius

Started by ouachita, March 16, 2012, 05:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ouachita

When is brown better than white? The answer may be: When you're trying to be green. Cascades Tissue Group, North America's fourth-largest producer of towel and tissue paper, is marketing Moka, a 100-percent recycled, unbleached bathroom tissue, to businesses, and is hoping to introduce a similar product to consumers later this year. To drive home the product's environmental credentials, the company is mixing together 80 percent post-consumer material — essentially office paper and the like — and 20 percent recovered corrugated boxes, to achieve just the right shade of brown.....

Al_Smith

All well and good except for the fact it might have the texture of a paper bag .Effective perhaps in removal but I doubt serious the ladies would care for it . :o

zopi

Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Misfit

Chuck Norris toilet paper........rough, tough and don't take anything from nobody.  ;D
I am neither a Philopolemic Blatherskite nor a Bloviating, Sialoquent Blatteroon.

"Say nuthin and saw wood."

Rooster

Is it ironic that the original poster's username looks like "oucha"?  Eh?
"We talk about creating millions of "shovel ready" jobs, for a society that doesn't really encourage anybody to pick up a shovel." 
Mike Rowe

"Old barns are a reminder of when I was young,
       and new barns are a reminder that I am not so young."
                          Rooster

Al_Smith

Oh Lawdy the first one doesn't stand a chance . :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I always thought there was only 2 colors of tissue anyway. White and Brown. :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Al_Smith

Well now really think about it .Here they are marketing recycled stuff into toilet paper and having it brown of all things .It kind of sends a subliminal message .Probabley not good .

Texas Ranger

Sounds kinda what we had over seas in the service.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Al_Smith

Well it probabley beats an oak leaf .It certainly is a cut above a poison ivy leaf I would think .Sears and Roebuck catalog maybe like granny kept in the privy "just in  case "--the longer it goes the worse it gets -- :D

bandmiller2

Brown paper,how do you tell the job is done properly,might as well go back to corncobs. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

bandmiller2

A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Buck

Quote from: bandmiller2 on March 16, 2012, 10:29:41 PM
Brown paper,how do you tell the job is done properly,might as well go back to corncobs. Frank C.

My thoughts exactly :D
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

SPIKER

Quote from: Buck on March 16, 2012, 11:05:11 PM
Quote from: bandmiller2 on March 16, 2012, 10:29:41 PM

My thoughts exactly :D

dang I was beat to it.   "if it's brown flush it down if it's yellow let it Mellow"  name that movie game  lol  sorry little privie humor :x
::)
Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

WDH

I am in the Frank-Buck-Spiker camp  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

zopi

having been faced, basically with hose and squeegee in certain countries overseas, I am perfectly capable of adapting....but that does not mean me, or Mr Whipple is gonna give up the good stuff.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Mooseherder

Mr. Whipple was a pretty creepy feller.
I don't think he'd fly in today's marketing. :D

zopi

No...but he protected the charmin!  twenty years of navy john wayne tp...ainta going back there!
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Brucer

They tried selling brown (aka "unbleached") toilet paper in these parts about 15 years ago. Not much different then the regular stuff but they never restocked with it. Just not enough sales.

Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Al_Smith

Brown is just not a good color no matter if it's soft as silk  or tough like burlap .They must have had their head where the sun don't shine to come up with an idea like that .

The greenie's are what they are but they  aren't brownies so  to speak .

On the other hand if this "natural " thing is in popularity  I kind of  live in the corn belt .Cobs might be the next thing .Bury them in the garden and really recycle .Turn the residue of a pizza into a green bean or a tomato .You never now how these things turn out .Bottled water at a buck 20 a pint .Who knew ?

WDH

The reason that it is brown is that it is the color of the unbleached wood fiber after it comes out of the Digester.  It is actually called Brownstock  :D.

Now wouldn't that be a fine brand name for Toilet Paper  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Mooseherder

zopi

better than woodstock.

everybody missed the grits joke.

or it wasn't that funny. lol
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

WDH

Careful now, Zopi, or you will join the ranks of the "Grits Bashers"  :D.  It is an International Group.

zopi

can live with that. I detest grits.

fried polenta, I can live with..occasionally...verrry occasionally.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Thank You Sponsors!