iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

DOCTORB....What's going around.

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, March 15, 2012, 08:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

My son had a little head cold he picked up from school last week. He felt bad, a little fever at night and cough. After 3 days, he came out of it like a champ.

I was sawing Pine at the mill all morning. I skipped lunch  trying to finish a job. At about 1 o'clock, in a split second, I felt like someone had beat me with a 2 x 4. My temperature went up to 100.1 and instantly my sinuses was under pressure.

Now I'm in the bed, still have a small fever and upper chest congestion, freezing and hot at the same time.

I ate some homemade soup which warmed me up but I still feel like "YUCK".

Is there something going around. I left the mill at 1:30 and have been laying down ever since.

Maybe this bug is just in S.C.   smiley_sick
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

zopi

been some nasty stuff hitting...we got one that lasted for days...massive headaches to go with it...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

rockman

I'm no Doctor, but could it be "SPRING FEVER" ??? 8) 8)

get well soon............
Kevin
kioti ck-20 loader backhoe, box blade, disk, log arch
Husqvarna 455 rancher
Lincoln Ranger 10,000 welder

WDH

Oh no, it is definitely AXE fever.  It will get better after this weekend  :D.

Seriously, sorry to hear that you are under-the-weather, Pauline.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

MHineman

Feeling it here too.  This week I've not even been running the mill.  No way I'm up to rolling cants, or off bearing.
  I've been doing maintenance on equipment and suddenly I'm am out of gas.  The worst is I'm exhausted, but have a hard getting to sleep so I can get rested.
1999 WM LT40, 40 hp 4WD tractor, homemade forks, grapple, Walenstein FX90 skidding winch, Stihl 460 039 saws,  homebuilt kiln, ......

jtmccallum

Hit me Saturday night. Lasted 3 days and I feel fine now.  Hit three of us within a couple hours of each other.  Did not affect my son at all.
John M.        '97 WM LT40Super Manual 40HP Lombardini,  XP372,   CASE 1210 W/ Loader

bugdust

I'm no doctor but I think I've got it figured out ..... it takes about 3 days for saw dust to go through one end and out the other. Wouldn't I make a good doc?

Hope you guys get to feeling better real soon!
Since I retired I really like work: It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

thecfarm

Dr bugdust does not sound right.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

I've been lucky through this Winter  (;D) season.  NOTHING!

I drive school bus and it seems that whenever any one of the kids gets a cold or something, they have to stop and talk with me.  :-\

I stave off most of the germ attacks by spraying my bus down a minimum of once a week, depending upon the cold population.

Hope you get to feeling better soon David.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Raider Bill

Jinxed me!
Woke up this morning with a head cold, sore chest, cough, feeling achy all over, crap got to ditch it before  I get to Tenn next week. Going to go hunt down a Z -pac
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

WDH

A spring water tonic could be just what the old Doc ordered. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!