iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timberajck 225A

Started by David-L, March 14, 2012, 08:17:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David-L

Hi everyone,
I have a 230A 1984 that weighs around 17k wrapped with chains for a total weight. Looking at a 225A, and wondering if the frame size of the 225A is the same size as my 230A. The 230 has 18.4 x34 rubber and the 225A has 18.4 x 26 rubber. can't seem to find spec's anywhere.
                                                     Thanx David
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

grassfed

I always thought that the main difference between the 200s TJs were the size or the axles.
Mike

FFLM

I kinda felt the same way about the 225 and 230s, the 240 is a bigger machine
208 Jack, 372's and F450 Stroker

Ken

I'm not exactly sure but I think the 225 axle is 6 inches narrower than the 230.  At least I believe that is the case with the slightly older models. 

I have a tough as board nails 1981 225E with 16.9 x 30 tires and a 353 GM.  Great machine
Lots of toys for working in the bush

David-L

The 230A left my possesion today. Great machine, I am looking at a 225A with a deutz in it on Friday. Any body know about these motors. The owner did say he has used a little either on it when cold , like 0 or so. I just hope not in conjuntion with the glow plugs. I was trying to find a 1978D or 79E 230 but they seem to be hard to come by.

David L
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

HiTech

My buddy has a 5 cylinder Deutz and at 0 or below he just hits the starter and it fires right up. Never in my life have i seen a motor start as good as that. It has a 24 volt starting system. It seems to sip fuel. It also has great lug power. It's in a Tree Framer C5. From what I can see they are a great motor...also very quiet for not having a muffler just a straight exhaust pipe.

Thank You Sponsors!