iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood-Mizer conversion

Started by Ga Mtn Man, March 10, 2012, 08:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ga Mtn Man

How difficult would it be to convert an LT40 Super-Hydraulic from electric to 38hp gas? Parts cost?
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

pineywoods

I have a neighbor that went the other way, gas to electric. Shouldn't be much of a big deal. I swapped out a 18 hp briggs on mine for a 25 hp liquid cooled kawasaki, back up running the same day. Biggest hassle, had to do a little surgery on the drive belt guards. Woodmizer can probably supply you with a complete kit including a new kohler engine.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Chuck White

Shouldn't be too dificult to do the conversion.

My advice would be "talk to the folks a Wood-Mizer"!

Good luck.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Ga Mtn Man

I didn't even get a chance to call them...Marty at the WM PA location PM'd me the parts list and pricing.  Those guys really got it goin' on. smiley_clapping
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Buck

Hey Marty, 1988 LT-40 hyd 24hp Onan to Electric. Whatcha got on that?
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Ga_Mtn_Man on March 10, 2012, 08:24:37 PM
How difficult would it be to convert an LT40 Super-Hydraulic from electric to 38hp gas? Parts cost?

With the kind of money you got....just order a brand new one the way you want it. It'll have a warranty.  8) 8)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Ga Mtn Man

Already ordered it. ;)  I was just thinking about a back-up mill.  Pays to have a spare. ;D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Ga_Mtn_Man on March 11, 2012, 08:34:46 PM
Already ordered it. ;)  I was just thinking about a back-up mill.  Pays to have a spare. ;D

smiley_thumbsup
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Ga Mtn Man

Just kidding.  Still working on the funds.  :-[

Thank You Sponsors!