iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Jeff, posting pictures

Started by Doug Wis, March 09, 2012, 10:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Wis

I need more help to do this. Printed out your explaination from 2007, but the forum must have changed format, because nothing looks the same. I've got the pictures  on my computer in my picture gallery, but can't  get them transfered to the forestry forum gallery. I maintain that this computer stuff is designed by evil children who like to show their superiority over us old folks. Thanks for any help.
A man who says he can do everything at 65 that he did at 25 sure wasn't doing much at 25.

beenthere

Doug
One forum member put together the following, that is up to date. See if it reads ok for you.

Here are some instructions for uploading and posting pics.

It looks like a lot, but really isn't, you only need to make an album one time. After that it's up to you if you want to make more albums and keep your pics sorted.

If you have any trouble along the way, feel free to drop me a message with what your problem is and I'll find a way to help you. The instructions are general instructions and things may be a bit different because of the software you are using.
You may also be able to skip ahead a little if you are good with computers, I typed this up to cover a broad base of users.

----------------------------------------------------------
To create a gallery/album:

Click the "gallery" button at the top of the page or above the sponsors list on the left side of the page.
That will take you to the gallery home page.

Under the caption "Forestry Forum Gallery", click "upload file".

You will see an error message, click the "create/order my albums" button in that message.

Now find the "new album" button and click it.

Type in a name for your album and click "ok".

You now have a gallery with an album in it, you can add more albums if you like.

---------------------------------------------------
Uploading pics:

Once you have an album, you can upload pics by clicking the "upload file" button in your gallery.

You'll need to pick an album that you want your pics to go into. Then just below that click the "browse" button.
That will allow you to locate the pics on your computer.
Once you have located the pic on your computer that you want to upload, you'll need to click it and then click "open".
The pic will upload automatically and you can either upload more pics or click the "continue" button.

After you click the "continue" button, you'll be in your album and you can add a title for your pics and a discription if you'd like.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Posting pics:

When making a post, under the post box you should see "Click here to add Photos to post" click that and a new window will open with the upload page. You can either upload a pic as posted above or locate a pic in your gallery to post by clicking on "My Gallery" along the top.

That will show all your albums and you can find the pic you want to post from there.
When you find the pic you want to post, click it and it will open a bit bigger.
You should see an information box under the pic.

Look for the "Insert image in post" button and click it. The code for the image will be inserted into your post.

Go back to your post and click the "preview" button and you should see what your post will look like.
You can add more pics following the same steps.

When you have the post the way you want, make sure to click the "post" button.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Warbird

Let us know if that doesn't work for you.