iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Looks like the fat lady is singing!!!!!!!!!

Started by Woodhauler, March 08, 2012, 11:14:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

60 degrees here in central maine today ! Been hauling nites but with no cold in sight , guess its all over! Still will get a few loads of some guys, mostly 8ft pine pulp! And yes i will get yours snowstorm!Next week shows no cold weather! :'(
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

DeerMeadowFarm

Yup, 61.4 here right now. Everything is going to get mucked up quick....

Autocar

That was here in Ohio yesturday now we have rain and low forthys, begaining to wonder if it will ever get fit enough to work.
Bill

lumberjack48

She's singing here, starting Sat, the 10 day forecast is 50 to 60 everyday. I know that will stop the show.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

snowstorm

Quote from: Woodhauler on March 08, 2012, 11:14:24 AM
60 degrees here in central maine today ! Been hauling nites but with no cold in sight , guess its all over! Still will get a few loads of some guys, mostly 8ft pine pulp! And yes i will get yours snowstorm!Next week shows no cold weather! :'(
it was so hot today i went for a ride in the sunshine. went to southwest harbor to talk we the guys that built my boat. they gave me a tour of the place. they had a new 26' they are building thats going to washington state. saw the price list on a new one like mine  wow very pricy

pineywoods

Don't know about you guys that complain about the mud season that lasts a couple of months. down here in the deep south, we live with mud at least 6 months of the year. And we have bugs almost year round :o
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Bobus2003

Yep, Were out.. Yesterday was the only cold morning forcasted for the next 2 weeks.. So we walked all our equipment out to the gravel road so we can do Maintenance and have it all ready to go in a few weeks..

NWP

Crazy weather.  Yesterday it was 68 degrees in NW MO and I woke up this morning to snow on the ground.
1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

wheelinguy

55 degrees at 10 pm last night, woke up to snow on the ground a 5 am???????  We have had almost no snow this year and it only hit the 20 below mark 2 times, we usually have a solid two weeks of it.  Strange weather indeed!

barbender

-10 here this morning, it's supposed to get warm over the weekend though. Piney, theres no law that says you have to live down there, so there must be something keeping you there. :)
Too many irons in the fire

lumberjack48

Yaw, we had -10 last night, tomorrow its going to be 60 degrees warmer and stay there for the next 10+ days. This is when you start pushing the snow back on the road.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Woodhauler

Hauled my ice shack off the ice today!!!! This after a morning fishing , and a few adult beveragese! Also a last on ice meal of deer steak!  Caught a few crappies and some white perch! Sorry to see it end!  Need my mental health days the ice!!!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

rick f

In the morning my buddy ( also a faternal brother) and I will get a cord of firewood cut, split and delivered. This will be our donation to our Masonic Lodge ( Tuscan 106 in Addison, Me). They will raffle it off.

With the temps were there headed that will be it. In the woods it is still froze up but the yard and road in caugt he!! today.
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
1250 JD farm tractor with skid winch
5040 kubota farm tractor

Mooseherder

Is the Masonic Lodge close to the corner where Crowley's old store was?

Phorester

No winter here at all.  We average about 18" of snow/winter, we got 4" this year and most of that in a freak October storm last fall.  Average temps are running 4 degrees above normal for the winter.  We'll have a bunch of problems with insects and diseases this summer since these weren't killed off by a cold winter as they usually are.

Might have more fire problems this spring too since there was no snowpack to pack down the hardwood leaves in the woods.  Keeps them nice and fluffy so they dry out faster after a rain, and of course burn quicker.

rick f

Quote from: Mooseherder on March 10, 2012, 06:19:42 AM
Is the Masonic Lodge close to the corner where Crowley's old store was?

Right next door, Bill Crowley's store is torn down now.
Thanks for asking.
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
5040 kubota farm tractor

Mooseherder

The last year we lived in Maine was in Addison.
We tried to make a go of it on the Coast in 1984.
I was the Meat Manager at the 4 Corner Market in Columbia Falls.
My Brother In Law is a Crowley.  He was related to Bill somehow.  I think it was his Grand Father or something like that.
I had looked into buying Crowley's place and had been shown the building.
It was completely empty and so was my wallet.

rick f

Was Lloyd Driscoll working at the 4 corners when you were there?

Who is your brother in law?

Bill Bush just passed away about 2 weeks ago, he had Cancer.
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
5040 kubota farm tractor

Mooseherder

Yes Lloyd was there.   They had brought in a new Store Manager while I was there.
I think his name was Merle??  Real skinny chain smokin' feller.
How old are you Rick if you don't mind me asking?
I use to tool around in a Black and White 56 Chevy.
My BIL is Steve.  He works at BIW.
Do the Bush's still own it.
I often wonder what happened to all the folks over there.

rick f

I'm 55 in a couple weeks.
lloyd was my Father in law, one of the best men I ever met.  Richard White is in a nursing home in Ellsworth.
I don't remember Mearl but there was merton chipman from winter harbour.
Pat Driscoll now takes care of her husband who just had a stroke. Danny Frye is now a custodian at the high school. John Crockett died years ago, he was a meat cutter there.

Is Steve Crowley Wayne's son?  Wayne lived with my brother in laws mother for awhile in Bath.

Bill Bush just passed away about 2 weeks ago from cancer, he had sold the grocery store but not the gas station or the discount store. He lived in Greenvill, me summers and North carolin a winter for awhile. He was sick along time.
I think I remember the car you had. We live just before you get into Columbia Falls when your comming up from Addison.
anymore ? just ask.
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
5040 kubota farm tractor

Mooseherder

I'll have to ask Steve about it.  He is on a ship check out at Sea now.
Lloyd was awesome to work with.  A real gentle soul and great sense of humor.
The Bush's bought the store while I was there.  I cannot for the life of me remember the previous owners name.  I think it was Morris?  married to Camille?  Man I'm gettin old. :D
He was tight with Big John and Sylvia.  They had the video rental store.  That was a hopping business back then.   
Billy was the Meatcutter there.  He was a Korean War Vet that had taken a couple of bullets from the Chinese.  He always described it being a miracle he made it back home.  Linda Cook was the Meat Wrapper.    Her husband was in the Merchant Marine.  Sweet sweet lady that looked like Ali Magraw.

rick f

Elmer Morris was the owner, His wife Camil died years ago.
Big john passed away 8-10 years ago, Sylva works at our local convinance/ rest. She is doing well.

Billie's last name was Schanks, he was a good ol guy too.

I don't remember a linda cook but linda carver who lived in Addison.

We go up to presque Isle alot, I see your up that way. Is this just a summer place you go to?
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
5040 kubota farm tractor

Mooseherder

Yes!  Carver, Elmer and Schanks!
I was wrong about calling her Cook.  Told ya my memory was bad. :D
Now that you mentioned everyone's names it all comes back to me, thanks for that.  We go up there a couple times per year on vacation but intend on staying for the spring, summer and fall when we retire.  Hope to meet you there someday. 

rick f

If you don't mind what is your name?
Pm me if you want

Rick
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
5040 kubota farm tractor

Mooseherder

Thank You Sponsors!