iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Picked up a LT40 bandsaw mill today

Started by scouter Joe, March 07, 2012, 07:48:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scouter Joe

My wife and I just got back from picking up a woodmiser LT 40 today . It is about 6 years  old and has always been kept and operated inside . It has a 34 horse Cat deisel , auto. clutch , debarker and looks in great shape . The Owner was good enough to put on a demo with the saw , the auto shapener and the tooth setter . We left at 3:30 this am and got back about 6:30 pm . tired but very happy . Looks like I should get many good years of use out of it as it only has a bit over 400 hours on it . scouter Joe

millwright

Welcome to the forum, sounds like you got a great machine Im sure you will get a lot of enjoyment from it.

bugdust

Darn, some people have all the luck.   smiley_clapping

Congrads, you are going to have a ball making sawdust, and with a great setup.
Since I retired I really like work: It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

After a long hunt, you finally came up with a nice trophy.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

scouter Joe, I see that you have been here since December, but what a wonderful time to now say Welcome the the Forestry Forum, and Congratulations on getting the "new" LT40.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum Joe, and congratulations on the new sawmill.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

T Welsh

Congrats on the LT40,you,ll love it.Tim

thecfarm

Did you sell the Enercraft mill? Have fun.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bill Gaiche

scouter Joe welcome aboard. Sounds like you found a mill thats just broken in. Good luck with your new mill and post some photos.. bg

Ga Mtn Man

Congrats on the new mill.  smiley_thumbsup  Pictures of your first stack of freshly sawn boards and the mill are required.  ;D
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

jueston

congrats on the mill.  i'm sure excited for you!  8)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Ga_Mtn_Man on March 08, 2012, 06:49:06 PM
Congrats on the new mill.  smiley_thumbsup  Pictures of your first stack of freshly sawn boards and the mill are required.  ;D

When are you picking up yours?  8) 8) 8)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

woodmills1

ur gonna love the 40

send me a message in 3 to 5 weeks   done nice have fun
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

scouter Joe

I'll be hanging on to the enercraft as It has a 24' track extension that allows me to cut a bit over 48' . Need that for base and plate logs on my log homes . If I can sell it for a reasonable price I may look into getting an extension for the LT 40 but Its not something thats high on my list right now .
Posting pictures is not something that is within my capability as I'm techneckly challenged . Spelling isn't to great either .
Thanks for the warm welcome and all the good wishes . scouter Joe

Ga Mtn Man

"When are you picking up yours? "

Still working on finding enough loose change to place the order.   :(   
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

scouter Joe

Going to give this a try and see if I can post some pics.

scouter Joe

attempt #2 at posting pics :-[

scouter Joe

M30 Enercraft Mill

customsawyer

Great looking setup. Welcome to the forum.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

LOGDOG

Welcome to the Forum Scouter Joe. Looks like you have several projects going there. Can you tell us about your log picking cranes you've got there? ...Maybe some close up pictures and explanation on how they're constructed and how they operate?

ladylake

I'd sure keep the Enercraft mill for cutting the long ones unless you want to haul it over here, nice LT40 with a diesel.     Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

scouter Joe

The gin poles are on hyw. trailer axles with the spindles and bearings . One on the bottom and one on top . The one on the bottom is secured to a cement base that is 6' in the ground .Then there is a 50' plus tall pipe with the second trailer hub and bearings on top . This is guyed out with 5/8 " cable to either dead heads or trees . The near one has a 40' I beam with 2 cables to the top . The othe side is a 25' X 6" pipe that is guyed from near the bottom of the pipe and at the top of the pipe . The prevents the pipe from bending when picking up a load . I have a 2ton electric hoist on each boom . This gives me an 80' radius with the near one and a 60'radius with the far one which has a 30' I beam . They over lap each other giving me a large area that I can pick up a Log up to 2 tons and set down . The really nice thing about this setup is that I work alone and don't need someone to operate the hoist . Hope the explanation is clear enough .scouter Joe

Thank You Sponsors!