iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Chase Stone Barn Historic Preservation Project

Started by Rooster, March 04, 2012, 12:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rooster

http://www.townofchase.org/

The Chase Stone Barn Project has been established to restore one of the last surviving all-fieldstone barns in the country, and make it the focal point of the new Chase Stone Barn Park.

The stone barn is located at 8246 Cty Hwy S in the Town of Chase
which is part of Pulaski, Wisconsin. Chase is in the southwest corner of Oconto
County and borders northern Brown County and is about 30 minutes
from Green Bay, Shawano, and Oconto.

The Barn Committee is nearing the end of their fund raising efforts and are in need of donations to reach a level that will allow them to receive a large matching grant.

Take a look at the above link and click on the Stone Barn Project Info, and the Music Video to get a good sense of how impressive and important this barn is to our rural heritage.

For more information please contact:
Kristin Kolkowski, Chase Stone Barn Committee
(920) 822-5447 / KKNiteOwl@aol.com

Thanks,
Rooster
Craig Roost
Wisconsin Barn Preservation Program Advisory Committee Member
"We talk about creating millions of "shovel ready" jobs, for a society that doesn't really encourage anybody to pick up a shovel." 
Mike Rowe

"Old barns are a reminder of when I was young,
       and new barns are a reminder that I am not so young."
                          Rooster

KKNiteOwl

Thanks Rooster for posting our historic preservation story!  This is truly an amazing project - one I have become very passionate about.  When you are inside the barn you feel transported back in time and its such a great feeling to know that you are standing where immigrants, and their animals, once stood over a century ago.

The stone barn was built in 1903 and is on the State and National Register of Historic Places because it one of the last surviving all-fieldstone barns in the country.  Once restored, we will build a rustic museum inside the stable area to educate people about the history of farming in our area, and the geology of the stones. 

Our fundraising campaign is coming to and end on June 30, 2012, and we only have 1-1/2 months to raise the remaining $37,000!  If we can reach our goal by this deadline, we will receive a grant of $143,000 from the Jeffris Family Foundation in Janesville, WI.  We are reaching far and wide for help.  If you can donate, or your company, please do so now.  You can print off a donation form from our website at www.townofchase.org, or simply write a check and make it payable to "Town of Chase" and memo "Stone Barn Park Fund" on your check.  Mail to Jolene Schwarm, Town Treasurer, 1330 Haywood Ln, Sobieski, WI 54171.

Our annual town picnic is June 30th, 2012 (which is also our fundraising deadline).  It is at our town hall just up the road from the barn.  We will be giving hay wagon rides to the barn and barn tours.  There will also be booyah and other great food and refreshments, music, great raffles - the grand prize being a riding lawn mower!  There will also be a bake sale, bouncers and a petting zoo for the kids, and more!  The event will end with a spectacular fireworks show!  Please go on our town website for more info.

Thank you in advance for helping preserve a cornerstone of Wisconsin History!

www.townofchase.org/Stone Barn/Town_of_Chase_FULL_BOOKLET_10-20-11.pdf

Rooster

They made their Fundraising goal!!!!!

Let the Restoration begin!!!
"We talk about creating millions of "shovel ready" jobs, for a society that doesn't really encourage anybody to pick up a shovel." 
Mike Rowe

"Old barns are a reminder of when I was young,
       and new barns are a reminder that I am not so young."
                          Rooster

Thank You Sponsors!