iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

saw head lift motor

Started by cluckerplucker, February 16, 2004, 05:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cluckerplucker

12 vdc motor for saw head using a atv winch motor,piece of pipe as shim and chain sproket

cut in half.
cecil

rbarshaw

Looks good.  ;DDoes it work well? What's the rest of your mill look like?  :P
Been doing so much with so little for so long I can now do anything with nothing, except help from y'all!
By the way rbarshaw is short for Robert Barshaw.
My Second Mill Is Shopbuilt 64HP,37" wheels, still a work in progress.

cluckerplucker

It works great beats the heck out of the socket and wratch that I was using.
cecil

rbarshaw

Man, I know I have a hand crank on mine that will wear you out :o. Nice looking mill 8), wish I'd made mine a 4 poster.
Been doing so much with so little for so long I can now do anything with nothing, except help from y'all!
By the way rbarshaw is short for Robert Barshaw.
My Second Mill Is Shopbuilt 64HP,37" wheels, still a work in progress.

redpowerd

Looks like it would pull itself outa the mud in a  pinch!
how big is it?
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

DanG

Good looking rig, CP. You design and build it?
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Fla._Deadheader

CP, keep that up, and before ya know it, you will have a fully automatic mill 8) 8)  Nice job ;) ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

cluckerplucker

the motor is rated for 2000 lbs cost 50.00 from harbor freight.com, item# 90282-1RAH. Yes I designed and built the mill But with a lot of input from others.David was helpfull in where I could obtain the acme rods and nuts.Ihad about given up trying to find them long enough.Orginally I was going to build a two post But once I started I figured a nother 20 feet of tubing would be worth the time and money.  Thanks  cecil
cecil

Thank You Sponsors!