iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

new proccessor

Started by treejoe, March 03, 2012, 06:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

treejoe

Ok gents, I have a problem. I have a 125hr perkins diesel motor for my proccessor and a gear box with 3 hydrolic pumps on it. The motors bell housing is about 19" in diamiter and not circular and the gear box is 14" perfectly circular. I would like some input on joyning these together. Any thoughts? I know two heads are better than one.

I thought about welding  a frame around the motor yet it's cast (i think) and one around the gear box and bolting them together.

westyswoods

Confused as to what you are actually trying to accomplish. Are these supposed to somehow mesh as what you state does not make sense. Old line is don't tell me it can't be done, just give forum more info.
Stay Safe and Be Healthy
Westy

treejoe

Waht a black head I am. Sorry for the confussion.
On the fly wheel of the motor there is a hole in the center for a PTO shaft. In the center of the gearbox is a hole for a Pto shaft. I'm trying to find a way to get the two mounded together.

westyswoods

Sounds like you are going to have an introduce a third piece between to join the two. Much like a U joint in a car. This was you don't need to worry about configuring the two pieces together, rather make one side of union to mount bell housing and one to fit gear box. Also depends on metals in both, you very well may be correct in that it is cast if so find someone good and knowledgeable working with metals.

Pics would be a great help. Sounds like a nice challenge but more than doable.
Stay Safe and Be Healthy
Westy

treejoe

Thanks Westywoods for the imput. I just got back from the macanics who also builds race cars, as i discribed to him my issue he said the same thing you just did about the knuckle. Great minds think alike. Some day I would like to be in that cadigory.

treejoe

I will get pic's next time i go out there but i have 4 days of cutting first. I might be able to slide out there one evening though. I"ll keep posting.

Any i dea on a drive motor to hook up to a 30"+ saw bar for the proccessor? I had planned on buying this new. I'll have a 15gpm, 37gpm, and a 40+gpm hydro pumps at my disposal, so flow is not an issue.

snowstorm

industiral and big truck bell housings are round. maybe 2 different sizes seems like the is a #1 and a #2. did your motor come out of a farm tractor? do not try to weld to an engine block. maybe some one makes an adaptor for it

redlaker1

from what you have said and others,  to me it seems like the best solution would be to run a driveshaft between the two with universal joints.  there would be alot more forgiveness there and just a couple u-joints to grease..
if you were to try and adapt the two together directly that would require some precise alignment and would probably have to be made on a cnc machine,  and a special coupler would be needed as well.

as for the drive motor and saw motor,  I would check out a couple of the processor build threads on here,  lots of good info and experience there

treejoe

Hey thanks guys for the input.

After enginering and analising I plan on mounting the motor wich came out of an old cobine to the frame, then comming out of the flywheel with a shaft with a knuckle (u-joint) on the other end conected to another knuckle and shaft going to the gearbox which will also be mounted to the frame. If i tried to run a staight shaft to the two i would have to be dead nuts - as it's said - center, where as the knuckle as sugested by redlaker1.

As far as the sise of drive motor for the chain saw bar, I can't seem to find any spects on one in the posts. Guess i'll cross that bridge when i get there.
Thanks again guys, you've been a big help.

ALA2

Hey tree joe
I think u will want a little angle  on the shaft
not in a straight line, less vibration that way.
a cars drive shaft is not in line ,slight off set
i do think the nuckles have to be timed,
are you building  in a  slip yoke, might make hook up easy
looking forward to the rest of your build.

ALA2
AL

Clam77

Did you put down that you have a 125hp diesel running this thing??    :o

That's alot of extra weight and sizing problems you could get around with using a smaller motor...   :-\
Andy

Stihl 009, 028, 038, 041, MS362
Mac 1-40, 3-25

treejoe

Yes, it's a 125 horse prekens diesel motor. The reason i chose this was because i will also be running other things while i'm running the processor.

As far as the shaft gos, It all depends on what Charly (my macanic) says. The guy is a genous when it comes to anything to do with engines. We discused a straight shaft and he told me it would have to be dead on. Well we can't have anything just perfect so ... I'm putting a knuckle in it for any misscalulations when it comes to mounting.

On another note, does any one know where i can find a drive motor for the chainsaw bar? What sise? Spect would be nice.

blackfoot griz

Tree joe
I am running a danfoss 077YC motor on the processor I built. It is rated up to 2500 psi--3000 rpm and the shaft diameter  is 3/4 (.750) inch and 2" in length. The 13 pin drive sprocket is attached to the shaft with a Martin JA 3/4 hub.
The pump that runs my saw/clamp/saw motor only puts out 15 gpm to run all 3 at the same time and it works fine.

This motor is a directional (non reversable).

Thank You Sponsors!