iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

back to work

Started by shortlogger, March 03, 2012, 08:48:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shortlogger

Well Im fixn to fire up my mill for the first time in over three weeks ,been down with a back injury from trying to move a oversized log .  My back still hurts a little but is much better my church is doing a local mission poject next weekend to repair a ladys roof and we need rafters and lathing, gonna take it slow and hopefully will walk home upright this afternoon.
1 Corinthians 3:7 So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase . "NKJV"

thecfarm

I hope so too. Take it easy,if it does not feel right stop. Get help,do it a different way,get something with a motor on it to help out.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

shortlogger

I have a frontend loader with forks to slide the slabs onto and fortunately I only need 8' 2x4s and 1x6s
1 Corinthians 3:7 So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase . "NKJV"

Silver_Eagle

Take care of yourself, I just went through about a month of a back issue. I sneezed in my kitchen one morning making coffee and popped my lower back out of all thing's. I was useless up to just a few day's ago it has started going away.

Not fun at all. Be safe and have fun.

Sixacresand

Be carefull, Shortlogger.  Hope you get better. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

r.man

Silver Eagle, the only chiropractor I ever went to said it wasn't what you did when you hurt your back it was what you had done the previous week and shortlogger what are you doing hurting yourself moving a big log when you have forks on your tractor.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

shortlogger

Saturday went well cut a trailer load of lumber and did some chainsawing feels go to be back at it . When I hurt my back the log was already on the mill I was just trying to position it just right to saw , dang manual log turners . Thanks for the concern guys  I am trying to do what my dad has been telling me for a while work smarter not harder .he's always saying that will make a old man out of you  @ 32 going on 60 I think he was right.

Thank You Sponsors!