iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Firewood saw samller.

Started by OAP, March 02, 2012, 06:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OAP

346xp,ne I'm sure you all know what that is, but do you know what it costs in Europe? Well about $1100 maybe less than a thousand if you look hard and get lucky.
I missed a good second hand one today and its killing me  :'( So if ye have any links to one for sale that will post worldwide I would be your friend ;)

beenthere

Didn't know it cost that much.

Do recall in '79 that the Stihl 041 that I bought for $300 in the US was equivalent to $1700 when I found it for sale in Germany.

Not translating "samller"
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

OAP

Well it dose and it pisses me off a lot  :P

Andrew Lawrence

Where does the differance in price come from ,taxes exchange or what?
Lawrence Lot Clearing Logging                            To God be the glory

OAP

21% VAT here thats the only tax I'm aware of but there are sure to be more hidden taxes along the way, before it gets to the dealer.

Meadows Miller

Quote from: OAP on March 02, 2012, 07:45:08 PM

X 2 Mate  :) :)

Welcome to The Forum OAP  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8) My Mum is from Belfast Ireland moved here when she was 9 with her mum ;) where abouts are you located Mate ??

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

OAP

Quote from: Meadows Miller on March 03, 2012, 08:43:20 AM
Quote from: OAP on March 02, 2012, 07:45:08 PM

X 2 Mate  :) :)

Welcome to The Forum OAP  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8) My Mum is from Belfast Ireland moved here when she was 9 with her mum ;) where abouts are you located Mate ??

Regards Chris
On the west coast Galway. I have family in Austrlia, my sister married an austrailian and has lived in Tazmania for 12 years or more. My youngest brother is in Melbourne .
Thanks for the welcome.

Meadows Miller

No problem Mate  ;) ;D smiley_thumbsup Melbournes only 60 miles from here  ;) Ireland's Is a beautiful country where ever you are I reckon its the only other place I have really wanted to go visit apart from the USA  :) ;D 8)  but I think anyone with Irish blood in them has to go there to have a look Mate  ;) ;D 8) 8)

It ticks me off with the saws too mate as I payed $3600 for my 3120 when i was younger the 2095s where nearly $2k a piece  2050&2055s where where about $8 to 900 a piece back then 371 and 372xps where around $12 to$1300 ea 359 was $900 ea it makes your blood boil its not import or anything like that its just greedy people knowing they can charge more Mate  :) :) :( >:( >:(
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Andrew Lawrence

I purchased my latest, a 372WPW @$800,  Is it worth it to import a saw? from ebay or the like.
Lawrence Lot Clearing Logging                            To God be the glory

OAP

Quote from: Andrew Lawrence on March 03, 2012, 11:12:51 AM
I purchased my latest, a 372WPW @$800,  Is it worth it to import a saw? from ebay or the like.
It can work out cheaper, the last saw I bought was imported from the USA. It cost me about 960 euros for a 395xp with a 24" bar, the best price here at the time  was 1250 euros but I got lucky with import duty that time. I paid less than half what it should have been.
That must be three years ago now and saws have got a lot more expensive here since then.
I think its time to import again but that angers me because its an every day tool where as the 395 might get two days work a month and I expect it to out live me.

KevinE

Quote from: OAP on March 03, 2012, 08:13:55 AM
21% VAT here thats the only tax I'm aware of but there are sure to be more hidden taxes along the way, before it gets to the dealer.

BLOODY HELL!!! it's 10% here (but we call it GST) & I thought that was high! :(

Thank You Sponsors!