iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

my intro

Started by Ralph, February 29, 2012, 07:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph

hey all, i'm ralph from statesville nc. it all started about 3 years ago. i took down a walnut tree in my yard and was looking for someone to saw it up. i found two guys[twins] that had a homemade bandsaw mill. i was fasinated by that thing. they even had a seat attached and rode back and forth. i said to myself, self, you gotta get one of them. so i researched sawmills and got an lt15. i really like it. just saw for my own needs mostly but have sold a little lumber. just cutting frameing lumber now for a SAWSHED. we love them sawsheds dont we? cut mostly pine oak walnut. not to good at telling one tree from another. but i do know pine oak walnut. when i have some time i ride my hd. i have been on this forum reading and learning all i can.even solved a couple issues i was having with my mill and chainsaw. even had a log on there that was to big. but i gotrdone. next hydraulics.......
LT35HD BobCat 30hp compact tractor bucket and forks

wood monger

Welcome, Ralph. This is a great website. Great people, friendly and knowlegable.

Magicman

I welcomed you already Ralph, so thanks for the intro.  It's nice to know a bit about your sawing and lumber interest.  You will enjoy it here.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

WELCOME RALPH TO THE FORESTRY FORUM!

I'm not to far from you. I'm down in Rock Hill, S.C. just below Charlotte.

You'll have a great time here and if you get time click on the auction pic above and register. There's some great oldie but goodies that are auctioned off.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

medic

Welcome Ralph
scott
Westfield NC (no, it ain't on the map.  East of Piilot Mountain)
Retired Paramedic, TimberKing 1400, Logrite cant hooks, old MacCullough chain saws.  Too many projects not enough hours in the day.

Bill Gaiche

Welcome aboard Ralph. Hope you have fun here. bg

eastberkshirecustoms

Welcome Ralph with a WARNING: Your wife may soon become jealous! Don't ask me how I know....

fishpharmer

Welcome to FF Ralph! 8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

thecfarm

Ralph,welcome to the forum. How long have you owned a mill?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum Ralph!

This is a great place to gain info!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

dukndog

Welcome Ralph!!

DnD
WM LT-15G25 w/PwrFeed, Mahindra 3510, Husky 385xp, Stihl MS261 and a wife who supports my hobby!!

Riggs

Welcome aboard Ralph, great place with great people.
I'm just North of you in Lowgap, NC. just a few miles off I-77
Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.~Ernest Hemingway

Norwood ML 26

Sixacresand

Welcome to the Forum, Ralph,  Good folks here.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

T Welsh

Ralph,Your hooked I can see,welcome aboard  :D.Tim

jueston

welcome to the forestry forum! 8)

cutterboy

Welcome Ralph. Your parents gave you a great name. My name is Ralph too. :D
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

Ralph

Quote from: thecfarm on March 01, 2012, 09:03:48 AM
Ralph,welcome to the forum. How long have you owned a mill?
i got my mill april 2011. thanks all for all the warm welcomes... :)
LT35HD BobCat 30hp compact tractor bucket and forks

customsawyer

Welcome to the forum.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Magicman

Does two halfs Ralphs make a whole  ??? ???
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ohio_Bill

Welcome Ralph , LT 15 is a great mill  IMO One of the  best values Woodmizer has  . Take some pictures of your operation and post them ,We Love Pictures .
Bill
USAF Veteran  C141 Loadmaster
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

cutterboy

Quote from: Magicman on March 01, 2012, 08:58:02 PM
Does two halfs Ralphs make a whole  ??? ???

It makes for a "whole" lot of sawdust if they both have a mill.   ;D ;D
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

fat olde elf

Welcome ! always glad to see another NC sawyer.  I am just 30 miles east of Charlotte. Come and visit anytime.......PER
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

terrifictimbersllc

Welcome to FF Ralph.  8)
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

scsmith42

Welcome Ralph!  We have a lot of great NC Sawyers on here; I'm about 2 hours east of you on the SW side of Raleigh.

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Thank You Sponsors!