iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

layout marks in Sketchup

Started by danreed76, February 29, 2012, 06:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danreed76

What is the best way to make reference marks in sketchup?  I can't seem to find a way to put a triangle or an arrow on the reference faces of any of my components.  The shop drawings all come out labelled N,E,S,W, but then I have to reference the frame drawings.

Any thoughts or tips on how y'all manage this will be appreciated.
Woodmizer LT40 Hydraulic with resaw attachment |  Kubota MX5200  | (late)1947 8N that I can't seem to let go.

jander3

I use the rubies paint face tool in sketchup and paint the reference faces hot pink.  This prints well when you print the shop drawing. 

Plugins, repaint face, select color, then just click on the face you want paint within the component.

Here is a drawing that shows the reference faces marked.

If you want, you can turn off the N,S,E,W markings.  I normally do, they just clutter things up. 

Plugins, Rubies, Configure.

Then the reference face is pink if you print in color or grey if you print in black and white.   No mix ups.

You can get an idea by looking at the stick drawings on this web page.

http://peelinglogs.blogspot.com/2011/03/timber-frame-plan10-x-12-shed.html

danreed76

well, that was sho-nuff easy.  I guess I need to spend some more time finding all the little "adjustments" in sketchup.  Thanks for the quick feedback.

Dan
Woodmizer LT40 Hydraulic with resaw attachment |  Kubota MX5200  | (late)1947 8N that I can't seem to let go.

Thank You Sponsors!