iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Grandpa again for the 5th time

Started by Busy Beaver Lumber, February 26, 2012, 09:26:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busy Beaver Lumber

Was going to head down to Indy this weekend to attend Woodmizer open house, but my daughter changed my plans for me when she gave birth Friday to a 7lb baby girl names Sophira. 8)

Both mom and baby are doing well now, although there were a few moments of serious concern and an emergency c section performed. Both will have to stay in hospital for a few more days than normal, but long term prognosis for both of them is good.

That makes 5 grand kids now. 15 or so years from now, I am going to have quite the heard of kids looking to come work with me at the mill and wanting to bundle firewood. That works for me, because by then I will be 65 or so and will probably need the help :D
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

Riggs

Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.~Ernest Hemingway

Norwood ML 26

semologger

Congrats gramps. i have 4 kids oldest 14 and the youngest 6 months. I plan on haveing a crew sometime myself only problem is 3 girls 1 boy.

Busy Beaver Lumber

Thank you Riggs

Somologger - Thank you as well. About the 3 girls, we have 5 daughters. From time to time, each of them have worked at the mill bundling wood and loading trucks and I can tell you that they work as fast and as well as any guy we have ever hired. Our 4 companies are all in my wife's name and officially she is the owner of all of them. 75% of all wages we paid out last year were to woman workers at the mill and I do not have one ounce of complaints about how any of them performed. Would hire a female to work with us any day of the week, in fact already have two lined up to begin at the end of March.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

sawguy21

Congratulations indeed. 8) I inherited 3 when I got together with Karen and a fourth arrived since then. All girls. They bring so much joy into our lives, the teen years will be interesting though
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Busy Beaver Lumber

sawguy21

thank you very much. We raised 5 girls and they were all teenagers at the same time. To say the least, those years were very challenging indeed. Spent a lot of time out in the workshop or hiding in the basement. Even the dogs ran for cover a time or two and more than one boyfriend discovered that he could actually fly if dad were to toss him out the front door hard enough. One of them actaully landed in our fish pond. :D
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Magicman

Congratulations !!!

Now, what does 65 or so have to do with anything  ???  ???   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Buck

Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

Busy Beaver Lumber

Thanks Buck

Magicman - if you saw my MRI's and Catscans you would wonder how I got out of bed at age 49, never mind 65. Had 2 spinal fusions, two metal plates holding my spine together, and an additional spine surgery on top of that, 2 shoulder surgeries, and only have about 30% use of my left arm and left hand, all thanks to two rear end collision auto accidents, one with a tractor trailer, and the other time with a darn public transportation bus. Worst thing is both times I was at a traffic light and not even moving when they plowed into the back of my vehicle. But still I go at it every day and enjoy every minute of it. But I am thinking in another 15 years, I might be humble enough or needy enough to accept a bit of help from the new generation in the family. :)
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

semologger

This is funny beaver. I just was posting about my spine injury. Go figure.
mine is in planting trees is hard work. I have a metel plate in my neck and am fused together C3 thru C6. Only have about  60 percent on my left hand that works.

CHARLIE

Congratulations on the new grandbaby! I'm glad the mom and the baby are doing well. 8)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Magicman

:o  You guys need ta take better care of yourselves.   whiteflag_smiley
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Brucer

Congratulations! #2 for me is well on the way :)

Quote from: semologger on February 26, 2012, 11:06:00 AM
I plan on haveing a crew sometime myself only problem is 3 girls 1 boy.

So what's the problem ???.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

thecfarm

Congrats on the Grand Daughter!!!
MM is lucky,when he gets hurt he doesn't broke any bones,but boy he does get some bruises.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Busy Beaver Lumber

Thanks all for the well wishes. Could use a little prayer here if it is not asking to much. The baby took a serious turn for the worse today. She is having major problems regulating her body temperature. Got as low as 85 degrees today and they now have her under heat lamps pretty much all the time. On top of that, they say she has lost 11% of her body fat since she was born on Friday and she is not feeding well. They are not giving us many answers at this point either which just adds to the frustration
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Beaver,

My thoughts are with your family and my prayers are that this wee girl will be touched by the hand of the Lord, and that she may grow strong and healthy. I pray also that your family be given the strength to bear the burden of this illness and that you will all come to know more of the Lord's Will in this matter.

Herb

Magicman

I prayed for Sophira's health and that her tiny body can regulate itself so that she can gain her strength and begin feeding properly.  My prayers are also for your entire family as they go through this trying time.

Norm

You can count on us for some prayers and support BB.  :)

thecfarm

Not asking to much at all. Sorry to hear of Sophira's problems. Give the parents a hug for me too. I am in thier corner during this hard time.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sandhills

Prayers from us for Sophira as well, nothing is more special than a new little one.  Our thoughts are with you all.

Riggs

So sorry to hear, thoughts and prayers for your whole family.
Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.~Ernest Hemingway

Norwood ML 26

Patty

Oh man, this is sad news. Hugs all around for the family, and know we are thinking about you back here in Iowa.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

semologger

Sorry to hear the bad news. Sending prayers her way.

nas

Prayers from us.  Hope she recovers soon.

Nick
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

Busy Beaver Lumber

Sorry to be off the air for a few days. Was  pretty hectic and touch and go. Glad to report that baby has made a turn around and is now stable. Since she was born a premie, lungs, brain, and heart are underdeveloped. That caused an inability to regulate body temp and feed properly. Major turn around started to happen when they finally convinced our daughter that she needed to go on formula and she FINALLY agreed. Both symptoms are now under control and she may even be going home today. Thanks to all my forum friends for their prayers...it worked.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Thank You Sponsors!