iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

gearamatic 19

Started by poorfarm, February 24, 2012, 08:22:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

poorfarm

might replace eaton with gearamatic 19? looking for feedback on them good,bad,ugly?

logman81

I've got a gearamatic 19 :) Their and pretty good winch, simple in design but can be a pain to adjust some times. You can beat them for winch speed, when they are adjusted properly they work well. They are however not moisture friendly as if you don't use it almost every day the brake drum will rust a little and they won't free spool. You can still get parts for them that I know for sure as I to replace some of the seals in the clutch. I sure other members will have more info it's a very common winch! :)   
Precision Firewood & Logging

poorfarm

does anyone know the line pull? is it more than my eaton i hope?

logman81

poorfarm

I found in a book bare drum 20,000  30,000 with torque converter. any one know what that means?

logman81

I have the manual for it and it says the same thing someone will be able to explain I'm sure. ???

smwwoody

sounds like to me you are getting rid of a great winch in favor of an OK winch

Woody
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

poorfarm

well idk. I have been told those wont stand up to my 380.even after i put 6k in it.. all I am looking for is a winch that will pull. I guess It doesnt make sence to  have this 380 if a 208 can winch the same. any ideas?

Thank You Sponsors!