iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Don't try this at home......

Started by Jim_Rogers, February 22, 2012, 10:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Rogers

You know you've seen these warning on TV shows when someone is doing something really dangerous.....

Well this guy should have listened:

I wonder how far he made it.......

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Migal

::) Guess he was wanting to get High bad!  :-\
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

sawguy21

Wonder if he got enough speed for lift off.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Jeff

I'll bet at the least, he was rung out when he got where he was going.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Paul_H

Yes,they should have had red flags on both ends.
My guess is they just eloped and weren't thinking straight.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

WDH

They could have left the ladder standing on the side of the house if they had thought it through :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Paul_H

Could be he has commitment issues and she just can't see the red flags.

WDH

I did not see any red flags, either.

Paul_H

I can't see that they have a future and I think you may be colour blind.

Can you see the large red x  just below the text?

WDH

Warbird

I'm sure he won't get an extension on his license this year. 

Migal

:D still looks like a permit load to me  8) but spose that,s what they were saying about me bringing the LM 2 home yesterday!  :-X
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

thecfarm

Jim,did you take that picture?
I wonder if he lives on a narrow street? Hit cars on each side of the street.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jim_Rogers

Nope.
Screen capture off someone else's face-book page.....

I wonder if the cops saw him?

I can't imagine what he would say to them about this......

Jim Rogers

PS. I love to learn from other people's mistakes.......
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

doctorb

I just noticed that he rolled the windows up some to hold the ladder more securely.   good thinking :D
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Raider Bill

This reminds me....I was on a bike trip years ago and fell in love with a pair of mounted 6 and a half ft wide Texas longhorn horns that I had to have so I bought them. I tried to strap them along side the bike but it was uncomfortable for my leg so I put them across the front forks, duct taped red flags to the tips and motored on down the highway. Got more than a few looks and even had a nice chat with a Georgia State Trooper about them. I thought they were quite stylish myself he not so much at first but my shining personality won the day 8)
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Warbird

Quote from: Jim_Rogers on February 23, 2012, 08:52:18 AM
I wonder if the cops saw him?

I can't imagine what he would say to them about this......

Good morning, sir!  What?  No, sir!  I am not trying to get a rise out of you.  In this difficult economy, I am doing a lot more housework myself so I can better climb the ladder of success.  You know, get a rung up on the other guy.  Why this particular ladder?  Well, my stepfather and I didn't get along so I just couldn't bring myself to get a step-ladder.  We'd probably be arguing all the time and I need to be able to depend on my ladder.

So, could you extend me some kindness and don't try to keep me down?

beenthere

Reminds me of the time I was carpooling with a Volkswagen bug owner, and we stopped at the store on our way home to pick up a 20' length of 2" pipe. He stuck it down through the sun roof and we motored the 20 miles home. All highway except for a small town, that just happened to have a car inspection station set up on main street. Recall that they were amused but only gave him a warning about his windshield wipers.
:)

Fortunately for us, the state stopped that car inspection program after a brief period of hazing.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

DR_Buck

Goolgle search comes up with "Jefferson Blvd, Exit 15" as being I-95 near Warick RI.   It looks like all of the idiots aren't in Washington DC area.  :D
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

submarinesailor

Quote from: DR_Buck on February 23, 2012, 05:32:53 PM
"Jefferson Blvd, Exit 15" as being I-95 near Warick RI.   It looks like all of the idiots aren't in Washington DC area.  :D

Been there while I was stationed at Newport.  Them people can be very strange.  I guess the picture says it all.

Bruce

WDH

He must have moved up there from the South  :D. 

Migal

::) Hay Hay Im a Dang yankee that's gone south all I can say I got here as fast as I could LOL 8)

mooleycow

irate customer demanding 20ft pvc pipe [kept out back] from employees on busy day at local home improvement store.  goes to his truck with purchase.  sticks one end into bed of pu bends around in big loop and sticks other end on other side of bed.   all going well. being cold is what got him.  pipe flies loose.  smacks him up side his head.  hit him hard enough to lift him off the ground.  smacks back of head on pavement.  ambulance called.  later came back and got pipe.  he discovered another way to load pipe.  hard way, but learned.  he was sporting a nice clean white turban too

doctorb

Speaking of ladders and pick-ups, I had a young patient once, about 17 yo, who was coming home from some home improvement job.  The pick-up cab was full of older guys, and the bed of the truck was full of construction stuff.  They had placed a ladder into the bed, with one end sitting against the base of the tailgait, and leaned the other end onto the roof of the cab. It was long enough to stick up quite a few feet. The kid had no place to sit, so he decided to just lay down on the ladder, facing backwards from the direction the truck was going, and a little skyward.

Everything was going fine on the way home, until they passed under a low branch, catching the forward end of the ladder.  Certainly, this kid didn't see this coming!  The ladder launched him out the back of the truck.  Broken femur.  He did fine and now has a "stupid" story to tell.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Thank You Sponsors!