iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fabtek head

Started by Kitch, February 21, 2012, 10:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitch

So this guy I met in Maine last weekend calls me today for some mechanical advice. He has a 501hd cat with a fabtek 4 roller head. He said when he runs the feeder wheels they go for about 2 seconds then the measuring computer shut off and resets. I dont have much equipment experience I am more of a truck engine guy. My question is, is this a common problem that others have had so I can point him somewhere. I do have cat software if anybody knows if that will help diagnose it. Or if anybody knows a good tech in central maine besides milton cat could you let me know. Thanks

I promise not to ask a question in all of my posts

snowstorm

whats up with milton? i have talked with there ctl techs he seemed pretty good tho didnt know a thing about mine. john deere sold those for quite a few years. try them. that one take the length off a wheel or the feed rolls? if its feed wheel with no tree in it its not turning. could be wirring  encoder computer. dose that have a mcc module? are the valves on the head or carrier?? if this is in a 501 it must be fairly new? ok fill me in about milton

leeroyjd

With engine off buy key and computer on does measuring wheel count when spun by hand? If it is the independant measuring wheel it sounds like loose/broken wiring on the encoder.Take the access plate off measuring wheel and check wires there.If it is feed roller set up I'm not sure.Try asking for Jason in parts at Milton he has been most helpfull when techs have not been available.

jkingsley

probably the wiring harness from the boom to the head. it wears where the head swivels.

Kitch

The guys at milton cat might be fairly good up there. The problem I have with them is its not like the old days when you ask a question you got an answer now you ask a question they tell you make an appointment to bring it in. It seems that selling the parts isnt good enough anymore they want the stupid money for service too. Whatever happened to product support.....Rant over sorry

Any how thanks for the tips guys I will let him know.

snowstorm

Quote from: Kitch on February 22, 2012, 09:22:59 AM
The guys at milton cat might be fairly good up there. The problem I have with them is its not like the old days when you ask a question you got an answer now you ask a question they tell you make an appointment to bring it in. It seems that selling the parts isnt good enough anymore they want the stupid money for service too. Whatever happened to product support.....Rant over sorry

Any how thanks for the tips guys I will let him know.
yes they are in it for the big $$$. when my computer shut down it was the computer that was bad. it showed fault codes. ion fault conection shcr c bk . all kinds of weird stuff. bought what i was told was a reman unit later i find out it was just a used one for $2500. this always shows fault code short cr ca bk. strange part is everything works as it should well except the clock its fast. some of the computers can be fixed some cant. some need to go back to the factory mine was made in finland. could be boom cable if its the one with 26 wires. mine has 6  2 hot   2 gr  hi can lo can. dose it show low battery?? there is a battery inside to retain the memory if that goes flat it can loose the program. when replacing THE BATTERY IT MUST HAVE POWER TO IT or the progran goes by by

Thank You Sponsors!