iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

This is why I enjoy working with my wife.

Started by customsawyer, February 20, 2012, 07:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

customsawyer

She is always pulling some stunt that brightens my day.

Ever try to run a mill while someone is holding both arms?
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Jeff

I'd bet only she could get away with that. ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

dgdrls

You sir are a very wealthy man! ;)

Best to both of you!

DGDrls

customsawyer

If someone else tried I don't think it would go over so well. This is what I get for milling close to my mom's house. The wife called her and said to come get some pics. So I ended up being a test dummy for the camera.
Yes I am very rich.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Slingshot

Priceless!

------------------------------
Charles

Rooster

CS,

I feel your "pain". ;)

My wife would spend her entire day in my pocket if I would let her.  Unfortunately for her, she has a job that needs her, and I work outside everyday in Wisconsin...and she gets cold easily.

"Cold hands, Warm heart"

Rooster
"We talk about creating millions of "shovel ready" jobs, for a society that doesn't really encourage anybody to pick up a shovel." 
Mike Rowe

"Old barns are a reminder of when I was young,
       and new barns are a reminder that I am not so young."
                          Rooster

slider

just wait until you are riding down the road absorbed in your own thoughts and she spots a big old long leaf lightning struck, nettles brown and she says,wonder if the bark has slipped on that monster ,who's land is that on ? or ,here comes the tease,big dead pine right on the power line and she says i bet you could drop that one with out even hooking a cable to it.or worst of all when she wants to take up your valuable Saturday afternoon off and go see WDH's new saw shelter.it never ends.  i could go on but out of respect for my peers i will chill out.she is very good help just in case she reads this   al
al glenn

terrifictimbersllc

Very touching!  :) :) :)   Looks like she's successfully kept you from blowing out that radiator!  Ps this is how you know you are spending too much time milling ....when your wife comes out to the mill and holds your arms behind your back. 
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on February 20, 2012, 08:55:10 PM
  this is how you know you are spending too much time milling ....when your wife comes out to the mill and holds your arms behind your back.

BEST ONE YET!  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

Just one measly picture (although it was a very good one, one of my favorites in fact)  ???.  Surely there are more!

Al, 

Vickie will read this, so you did good  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

customsawyer

This is one of my favorites also.
TT that was a good one.
Slider I have been in the forestry bus. to long she don't look at trees like that any more. She knows that I will check out who owns it and try to get it, especially if I notice it. ;D
She actually wasn't holding my arms back from the mill is is just that the pic looked that way. Figured it would get a laugh out of you guys.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

customsawyer

As to the radiator. I was milling cypress this day and the bark gets fine almost hair like when milling. When it is dry like this was it tends to just float in the air and if the wind is in your face but not blowing very hard it tends to just float up. Thus it gets sucked into the radiator but is to large to go through. This build up on the radiator was from about 4 hours of milling or about 2000 bf of small dia. logs which means more bark.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Meadows Miller

Gday

Thats an Awesome pic your Mum took off Loraine and You  :) ;) ;D ;D Im looking forward to Jesi being with me every day as thats what we are aiming for Mate  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Meadows Miller on February 21, 2012, 05:50:24 AM
Im looking forward to Jesi being with me every day as thats what we are aiming for Mate 

Yeah, but I bet you'll be the tale boarder when she gets her hands on that mill. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

My wife had no idea what a tree was when I married her.  :D  Now she points out where someone is getting wood, or a sawmill,OWB, skidders,forwarders and so on.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

petefrom bearswamp

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Bibbyman

They say, "Behind every successful man there is a good woman."

I enjoy working with Mary most of the time. As I've often said, "A good woman is hard to beat."
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

j rock

My wife (of 33 years) Likes to talk to me when my(are)mill is running. I just look at her nod my head like I can here her... Not much help around the mill, But, boy can she cook. ;D ;D ;D   J.
whats fun? making saw dust!!

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: Bibbyman on February 21, 2012, 08:47:10 AM
They say, "Behind every successful man there is a good woman."

I enjoy working with Mary most of the time. As I've often said, "A good woman is hard to beat."

And if you do beat her, you'd better not plan on going to sleep when she's around...

Lud

Amen to "Don't beat a good woman"

Jake,  I was glad to see you were'nt holding a chainsaw when she grabbed you from behind......it could be damaging to the tool if it were dropped! 8)
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

customsawyer

www.thecustomsawyer.com

homesteader shane

I really enjoy working with my wife too she can run the mill and chainsaw as well as I can and is learning on the tractor as-well

POSTON WIDEHEAD

If I had to work with my wife, I would go TOTALLY BANANAS.....FRUIT CAKE.....CHEWING ON MY TONGUE......BARKING AT THE MOON......!!!!!

smiley_whacko smiley_whacko smiley_whacko smiley_whacko smiley_whacko smiley_whacko smiley_whacko

Shotgun

She's probably lucky that you don't have to work with her, Poston.  :-)

Norm

Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Shotgun on February 22, 2012, 04:41:38 PM
She's probably lucky that you don't have to work with her, Poston.  :-)

Norm

That's what she said.  :D :D :D

Thank You Sponsors!