iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

E-classic 2300

Started by Logging logginglogging, February 19, 2012, 09:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logging logginglogging

Man I spent the last year building my house, so I had no time for doing wood. Now we are in and I have to cut wood every weekend. The dead standing hardwood i have been using has been amazing, this stove is always maxed out for temp and ideling. When I am home and can go out and stoke it (weekends) I burn some crappy softwood, so my hard wood goes farthet, but I gotta say this stove has been awsome, once i learned how to run it.  I cant even imagone how good it will be next year with decent Wood. I am also using this ash stuff made in Rutland VT instead or ashtrol. Its been awsome. At first I only bought it because I had no central dealer nearb by open and i needed some. But now I hafta say I think is just as good if not better than ashtrol if not better.

thecfarm

I have a Heatmor and that's all I've been burning all winter is dead wood. Mostly white pine and fir. It's a good feeling to be able to walk by the good wood and cut the stuff that is dead. I have a bunch of dead wood in the wood yard that needs to come up by the house. The gravel road still has some ice on it,but it is melting.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

buckgrunt

Hey Logging,

I too have a 2300 and love it as well. 

What specifically is that "Ash-Stuff from Rutland" ?  And does anyone know what that Ashtrol stuff is ?  I am looking for a cheaper alternative......

Logging logginglogging

from what I understand the Ash-trol, is for PH so the ashes in the stove are less acidic and dont rust and rot the stove. The rutland stuff I got at tractor supply actually is a creaosalt remover, and it makes cleaning the stove even easier.
I actually ran out and need to pick some up i think...

Roger2561

Being from NH, the ride to Rutland, VT isn't that far from the Hanover/Lebanon area.  Can you give me a name of the company where I can get some of this stuff you speak of?  I have been burning crappy wood in my E-Classic 1400 the entire season and creosote has been a problem.  Perhaps it's something I can use.  Thanks for the tips.  Roger
Roger

Logging logginglogging

Hi Roger,
You shouldent even have to go to rutland for it, I buy it at my local Tractor supply Co. here it is "Rutland Creasote remover"
http://www.rutland.com/productinfo/creosote-remover.html

Roger2561

Quote from: Logginglogginglogging on March 02, 2012, 09:57:00 AM
Hi Roger,
You shouldent even have to go to rutland for it, I buy it at my local Tractor supply Co. here it is "Rutland Creasote remover"
http://www.rutland.com/productinfo/creosote-remover.html

Thanks for the link.  As soon as I get paid I'll be ordering some.  It can't hurt. 

Roger
Roger

firechief

I found that my local Menards store carries it.

Thank You Sponsors!