iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

gearamatic

Started by dnsnook, February 18, 2012, 05:50:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dnsnook

hi , does any one have any have pics of how to rebuild a gearamatic # 9. i but a skidder with the winch not working . the guy told me that he only used it for about three months . i know that wasn;t right sence there were no brake bands or pads in side the winch . now i have to try and find out whats missing and how to clean it up and fix it . also where can i get parts closes to newfoundland cananda . any help would be greatly apreciated .  thanks .

Autocar

Go back to your first post [ Treefarmer ] I believe your find all your answers.
Bill

lumberjack48

Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

bushmechanic

Hey dnsnook what part of Newfoundland are you from?There is a reason why all the guts of that winch are missing-they are trouble.The Gearmatic winch is prone to problems with rusting and as you know that here on the east coast there is plenty of salt in the air.The ones we had are all buried in the various millyards around the Georges Brook area.We did replace one with a number 20 and that was better than the nine.

dnsnook

i,m from harbour breton on the south coast . it,s the first time i ever had a skidder . their not many out where i live so parts  are very hard to find . i,m trying to try and find out where i can get parts for this type of skidder such as break bands etc . whats it like up where you are for getting parts . any information would be good .

NB sawdust

Check out this outfit in New Brunswick not too far away..... www.timberparts.com . No doubt they can help you out  ;)

DDDfarmer

I'm working at rebuilding my cancar 20 / gearmatic 19/119 winch and taking pics will post shortly
Treefarmer C5C with cancar 20 (gearmatic 119) winch, Husky 562xp 576xp chainsaws

Thank You Sponsors!