iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

walnut

Started by wheelinguy, February 18, 2012, 07:31:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wheelinguy

Going to pick up some walnut today, going to use it for woodworking projects.  Buying the walnut kills my budget for the bandsaw that i wanted.  Just thought i would share because i'm sure we have all been there.  I need the walnut for some projects, but i need the bandsaw for some of my walnut projects.  I'm disappointed and excited all at once!? :( 8)

metalspinner

Been there...done that. :D

Then will come the time that you have money and tools, but you do not have the time to work with them.  For me I am always battling those three - time , money, and tools. They never seem to line up. ::)
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

samandothers

Agreed!
Life sometimes gets in the way of play. 
I just need to win the lottery, of course that would mean I would have to by a ticket.

Larry

Don't fret it's the natural order.  And once you get a bandsaw you will find you need a bigger bandsaw.  Than when you have most of what you need you will find you need more space.

Do you have a woodworking club in the area?  Most of those guys are quite willing to let a newbe use there bandsaw...and show off there shop.

Larry, off to look at a bigger jointer this morning.  Can't possibly do my next project without one. ;) ;) :D
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

wheelinguy

Well we drove 4 hours to get the walnut and it wasn't what i thought it would be, nice to get out and see parts of the state you don't see much.  Ended up with about a third of what i thought i would.  Did get two pieces that are all heartwood, no sap, no wane, each one is 8 feet long 3 1/2 inches thick and 10 inches wide 25 bucks each!  Of course then life happens and i thought with all the money we saved i was back in the bandsaw game, nope one of the dogs needs surgery!!!

Lud

You got some walnut.  Take care of the dog.  save towards the bandsaw.  It will all come at the right time. eh
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

WDH

Quote from: wheelinguy on February 18, 2012, 04:37:47 PM
Did get two pieces that are all heartwood, no sap, no wane, each one is 8 feet long 3 1/2 inches thick and 10 inches wide 25 bucks each!

Don't forget to go out and buy a lottery ticket, too  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!